Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help, first adventure purchase!

Bought my first Roll20 adventure, Against the Aeon Throne.  I also own the Starfinder Core Rulebook bundle and Compendium. The adventure says to simply make a new game, and select it.  I did this and gave it a name.  Am I done? Do I still need/want to load the Starfinder Core Rule Compendium into this game? Do I need to set the game settings for size and distance and all that?  I didn't see any instructions. I won't lie, I've always built my own, so I often have the actual adventure laying next to me on the table when we play. I read from it, flip through it, and just use R20 for the maps/combat.  I'm not sure what to do with the adventure. It has maps, tokens, etc. But do I still need the actual adventure to read from?  I don't see a way (I did a very casual look) to run it per say. Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When you created a game, you should have selected a sheet. Assuming you selected the official Starfinder sheet, that should have set the default compendium for your game to your Starfinder rules and Compendium. If not, make sure you have the sheet assigned to the game, and/or the correct Compendium chosen. Ranges and scales are all page-dependent. When you create a map page, you can determine all that. Since you purchased a module, each (map) page of the game should have everything pre-set and ready to go: scale, map, dynamic lighting, miniature tokens and characters. Since there is no practical limit to the number of games you can create with your module, you might want to create a test game that you can mess around in without fear of "breaking" something. Every game you set up has the option of using your Starfinder Compendium, but the number of games in which you can allow your players to also reference it is limited to 5 at the pro level. Permissions can be turned on or off, or re-assigned at any time. It's not permanent.
Thank you Keith, this helps.  I'll start with a test game and take your advice.