Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Steam version and offline mode

Edited 1568332582
Have you given any thought to releasing a version of this on steam for a one time purchase like Fantasy Grounds did?  Even if it was still subscription based I think this would be useful as it wold be less effected by any problems a browser might encounter and it could have an offline mode where the GM could go in and work on maps, create and edit handouts/NPCs, and generally have the ability to work on their campaign in places where an internet connection is either unreliable or nonexistent. As a DM whose constantly on the go and enjoys sitting in the park with their laptop or has an idea while camping I would love to be able to add stuff directly to my game instead of writing it in a word doc or in the notes app on my phone where I’m likely to forget about it before I copy it over.   At the very least make it possible to edit handouts and character notes offline.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The thing is... Fantasy Grounds is a program you run on your computer, and your computer is the server the game runs from.  All the files are local.  Roll20 is a hosting service, and everything happens on their servers through your browser.  Totally different modes of operation.  While this suggestion sounds like it would be handy now and then, it would basically require a shift in what the platform is based on, and probably isn't something they could realistically do.
As a (possibly) helpful suggestion for keeping notes on ideas, I use OneNote to keep it all in.  It's free, has cloud sync and mobile apps so I can do typing at a proper keyboard when I'm actually writing up scenes and stories, and I have the app on my phone for when I'm on the train or something and I get an "aha!" for an idea. You do need an MS login for it to work though, but I can keep images, sections, notes sorted by chapter or subject (like "Useful rules to remember" for when we're in game)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .