Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

If I say pretty please, can I let my players see SOMETHING

I am about in tears.  I have spent 10+ hours over the last few weeks editing a map and filling it with monsters. I bough packs and have put a lot into this. Now, with hourse before game night anyone looking at my map sees...nothing.  Nothing I do will lift even the tiniest corner of the fog of war. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Things to check: 1) (Regular) Fog of War. If active on that page, make sure you have cleared an area for them to see. The default is for the page to be entirely obscured. You can reveal areas using the reveal tool (looks like an eyeball) on the toolbar. 2) Lighting. Make sure that player tokens have sight , that there is a light source , and that they are linked to a character that is controlled by a given player . Don't assume just because you linked a token to a character that they are still linked to it. Verify on the token that is on the board. Setting the default token must be the last  step in setting up a token. Otherwise any changes (like turning on sight) will not be reflected in the token when it is dragged from the journal tab. 3) Test before the game. Control L is a good quick indicator if a token can see something. Giving control of that token to a dummy account and logging in under that account is a surefire method.
Ok. 1) I have done that. I have been using fog of war effectively for months. 2) This blacked out effect applies even when I as the GM "switch to player view".  I have added a token for a character called "Table View" which was the way I was showing the players the map. I have given this token the ability to see.  But for f's sake, all I want is to go back to the way the board was before I upgraded. I don't want dynamic lighting. I have turned dynamic lighting off. There should BE NO DYNAMIC LIGHTING,  I have no idea how to add a light source, and no time to figure this out.  I have tried turning off both Fog of War and Dynamic lighting. There is no effect.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you would like to shoot me an invite to your game, I'll see what I can find out.
That would be fantastic.  I just sent the link via direct message. Once you join I can upgrade you to DM so you can look at whatever you like.
#KeithCurtisisagodinmycampaign.  Problem solved! Thanks Keith!
Hello Seth The Frank, Thank you for the update that your issue has been resolved.  I am going to close your posts now.