Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Compendiums?

Is there currently any way to create your own custom compendium for personal use? Basically, I use overhead tokens in my games instead of portrait tokens, and also tend to customize monsters and enemies quite a bit. At the moment, I just have an enormous "Monster Manual" folder in my game journals which contain all my monster character sheets (both customized monsters, and ones taken directly from the standard compendiums but with new tokens), and a game specifically made for the purposes of holding all these sheets so I can transmogrify them to other games, but that's a pretty convoluted and time-consuming process. What I'd just love is to be able to create my own 5E compendium add-on, for my use only, that includes all of these monsters in the compendium, so that I can just search them up and drag and drop them into new games. Is this something that currently exists? How do third party content creators create stuff like this for the marketplace - is there a way I can do this, but without actually putting it on the marketplace? Cheers
No, that's not possible at the moment. But you are not alone. You might want to add your vote to this sugestion: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a common suggestion , but a Compendium such as you suggest has some technical and legal hurdles that make it very difficult to implement . The Transmogrifier method is likely the best solution at the moment. Custom Compendiums are not very likely for the foreseeable future.
Ah, okay. Cheers.