Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API or Script to Move Token After Waypoints Set?

Hi all, Is there an API that would allow my players to waypoint there movement, then when i say "yup thats fine" it moves the token along that path to the destination they selected? As always, thankyou for reading!
I know you can do this with the default roll20 tools, but as a gm, if they use waypoints to path their move I dont see the pathing until they release and execute the move. Which makes it hard to monitor traps, aoo etc. Thanks again.

Edited 1569066671
Spren
Sheet Author
You can also show waypoints with the measuring/ruler tool using the same shortcuts (pressing Q or right clicking). So they can just measure out what they plan and then you can ok it without them actually moving. The downside is that then they'll have to move their token on their manually so it's two steps instead of one, and you lose the measuring once you release the mouse button, but it's essentially what you are looking for if I'm understanding correctly.
Hi Spren. That does do what I want, but as you noted, it's doubling up the time it takes for every movement to be resolved. Thanks though!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi discuit, I'm not aware of an API for this precisely, and there are some limitations on the API side that would prevent the implementation you're looking for, but you can use the waypoint measuring method of moving a token and then select that token after the move and hit x to see where it traveled which may help with your needs