Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A collected text, for marketplace purchases

All the modules(games, adventures, source books) I have purchased so far are very fragmented. While this is great for searching for small pieces of info, like a specific spell or a monster, it really makes the continuous reading very hard. There is  a lot of clinging around to (hopefully) read the text in the intended order. This becomes really weird when the original book refers to further information: "For more info about XYZ see the chart..." -...on the opposite page -...on page 123 -...below. -...at the beginning of this chapter In some cases this has been edited away, but I have found it especially in new releases. Another trouble with this is the limited possibility to search the material. -If I read e.g. a name in the adventure, it would be nice to simply search through the text with ctrl-f to see where that person/place/item was mentioned earlier. (and there are often plenty of strange names in these games) Another problematic (but perhaps not as common) situation is in the communication with players that have the paper-version of the book. Especially new players might ask for where they can find a certain rule or description, so that they can read about it later and not disrupt the current game. But, because the rules are fragmented it becomes hard to refer them to a certain page or chapter.  To solve this, I suggest to (in addition to the current material) add a collected version of the different modules.  That is, basically one single text, containing all the original text, with page numbers, charts etc.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .