Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grid-based Inventory tracking

Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Do we have any sheet that have part of the sheet function dynamically, in a way that would enable to create custom sections on it for tracking purposes? For example, if we have a 10x10 grid where to allocate things, could it be achievable to create custom blocks inside it? I have a suspicion that you could get something that might seem slightly similar with an obscene amount of sheetworkers, and a grid of re-skinned checkboxes, but honestly doubt it can be done too well. Here is a paper version of four instances being filled out in a separate way: I doubt the way names are shown on the examples can be done, but I think creating the blocks in some way could be made resemble the paper example of tracking them.
XophRA
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
This is for the sheets in my game, Free Spacer.The point of the Configuration system is so that you can see where each system/module is. So that when your starboard side takes a condition you can tell which systems are effected. I had one idea using some of the drag and drop tech that I've seen on Roll20. You could have a set of different shaped pieces and you could drag them on to each section. 
XophRA
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I've noticed a few sheets with control panels that control images. Like the damage meters on the sprawl. Perhaps we could use an advancement sheet that would let you add things to a list plus its location on the section chart.Then the images would be shown in the correct locations on the chart. Do you all think that would work?

Edited 1570116720
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This should all be possible. Complicated, but possible. I can't write up an example of this right now, but the general premise would be: checkboxes for each point on the grid, as you thought a controller attribute for each grid point that will store the name(s) of systems occupying that point (this will be used for the display and sheetworker interaction) Then probably use CSS grid with the grid based on the controller attributes above. This may need some finagling to handle the tetris like shapes a sheetworker to handle clicking on a grid point. Will have several broad possible responses to a click on a grid point If no system is actively selected and the grid point is empty, create a new system block with fields for name and any other useful info. Set this new system to the active system (probably another attribute to store the currently active system; could also be done with a block scoped variable in JS, although that has other issues) If a system is actively selected, the grid point selected is contiguous with the area of that system, and the grid point is unassigned assign the grid point to the actively selected system. If the point is already assigned to another system, show a popup to confirm reassignment/removal of space. if no system is selected, and the grid point is assigned, make the system at that grid point the actively selected system. The big problem here is actually the display. My suggestion in 2 & 3 is sort of the Jet Airliner over farmland view of how it would work, but that is going to be the biggest problem.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Thanks Scott, it's nice to know it should be possible to make it then, and these pointers should hopefully be enough to get me started. My aim is to revisit this sometime November and possibly start working to create this in some fashion, I was indeed only asking about if this was possible to do at all.