Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exploding dice continuum problem

If I carry out an exploding die roll are there forbidden numbers For example if I roll 1d6 exploding you can never get a multiple of 6 for the final result e.g. {6,12,18,...}  One solution would be to set the lowest number of the die to zero, instead of one, but I don't think that is possible using the standard roll20 dice roller?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you use the penetrating exploding dice modifier, any exploding dice have a -1 applied to them. it looks like this: /roll 1d6!p
Thanks I will give it a go. To scale it from zero I can do the following /roll 1d6!p-1  However it won't work for multiple dice 3d6!p-1 instead I will have to put the roll formulae in long hand, like this. /roll (1d6!p-1)+(1d6!p-1)+(1d6!p-1)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can also do /roll 3d6!p-3 It'll get the same total But do you really need a -1 on the first roll? Most games that apply a -1 apply it only to the exploding dice. If you roll 1d6-1, you cant get a natural 6.