Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Edited 1566806063
Thank you for your Character Sheet!  I have, however, a problem with the calculations in the encumbrance list.  The latest version seems to have troubles with calculating the correct Move, Dodge and so on based on what the character carries. One of my PC:s  (Basic Move 5; Lift 20) carries 9lb, and even though it states that he is not enc. his Move is calculated to 3 and Dodge only 4.  Am I doing something wrong or do I miss something here? Best regards, Johan  
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Johan Does yourr PC have less than 1/3 FP or less than 1/3 HP left? That effects move as well. Mike
Hi Mike,               I am using your character sheet, and I find myself unable to set a maximum level on techniques. Other than that, I've really been enjoying using it. Best regards,                         Nauman
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
M. Nauman T. That is because the Techniques section has a internal error that we are unable to fix at this time. Rest assured we are on it and will have something soon. Mike
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.6.5  – PULL 09/10/2019 –  Successful Mostly cosmetic fixes.  Check you the new ToolTips look, let us know what you think.
I like it Mike!!!! I did not even know some of those hidden tips existed.
Will these updates magically show up on existing sheets?  Will I have to re-make new characters from scratch to enjoy them updates?  Or, do I have to go back to some kind of setting or something and explicitly tell Roll20 to use version 1.6.5 sheets?  (Sorry for all the newb questions.  I'm assuming someone here can answer these questions in a few seconds, saving me the few minutes (hours?!) of time to look them up properly.)

Edited 1568303545
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello Captain Joy, got to love that name! Those are good questions and we are glad to hear them. Yes the changes will be applied to all games using this sheet automatically. So far none of the changes that we have made require any modification on the users part except when we add new functionality, in which case you can use that new functionality at your option.. You will never have to remake a character as we are not changing the core makeup. We will be adding new attributes as time goes. We will me making changes to the aesthetics of each page as well, but that takes time too. We do this voluntarily so sometimes we cannot do what everyone wants - the plan is to keep ii simple. We welcome all suggestions, questions, comments, and even criticism (although the latter can break our hearts).  Oh and welcome to the thread.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S Thanks for comment and btw you are not the first one to not notice those ToolTips.
Mike W. said: Yes the changes will be applied to all games using this sheet automatically. Just to be precise, the changes will automatically apply to any games using the sheet from the Roll20 character sheet dropdown list. If the creator of the game is a Pro user, they might have manually loaded the character sheet into their game. If so, they will need to manually update the sheet in their games.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Rabulias said: Mike W. said: Yes the changes will be applied to all games using this sheet automatically. Just to be precise, the changes will automatically apply to any games using the sheet from the Roll20 character sheet dropdown list. If the creator of the game is a Pro user, they might have manually loaded the character sheet into their game. If so, they will need to manually update the sheet in their games. You are 100% correct! Rabulias
Really liking the new aesthetic on the Tool Tips. Gives that "in your face" vibe xD
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Valter, we greatly appreciate your comment.
Mike did you miss my PM I sent directly to you? It was about some of the ideas I had that you are unable to do. I did not want to fill this thread with things you can't do.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.6.6  – PULL 09/24/2019 –  Successful A couple of bug fixes A couple of new features More to come!
Thanks MadCoder.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S.✌❽ said: Thanks MadCoder. You're welcome Tom. Ken
Please, make possibility to use rules "Know Your Strenght" (Pyramid 3/83)
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
We will look into it. I brief review of th e"Know Your Strength" is just one set of many, and I mean many, optional rules for GURPS. This set of optional rules would require a lot of effort to implement and probably only be used by very few GMs. That being said, we will still look into the possibility of implementing this option but can make no promises at this time (we already have  along list of other items just to meet to basic rules). But thank you for the suggestion and we will keep you posted. Mike
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,  The GURPS Character Sheet was just updated to Version 1.6.7. Here's a list of updates. Combat Tab - Defense Roll. If parry, new notes for parrying heavier weapon. Options Tab - added field to edit defensive parry notes. Added Success/Fail notes for skills. Added Success/Fail notes for spells. Skills Tab - Expanding the skill box now shows the Row ID. The Row ID is useful for macros and for future linking to combat table. Grimoire Tab - Expanding the spell box now shows the Row ID. The Row ID is useful for macros and for future linking to combat table. Add notes for minimum damage amount. Tooltips to view macro field names. Hover mouse over input box to see tooltip. Thanks, Ken
Aw man, Row ID for skills and spells! I gotta test that!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,  Version 1.6.8 is now live. Combat Tab - Ranged Attacks. Added Malfunction field. New Option - Use Malfunction. If checked, roll result will check for malfunction. Character Sheet Default Options. Added Use Malfunction default option. General Tab - Added turning and deceleration movement. Expand "Current" move row to view. Thanks,  Ken
Heya, since the latest update Ranged attacks stopped working in our game. Melee attacks still works, as does the damage for ranged attacks. Only the attack roll itself isn't working.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GroundWalker said: Heya, since the latest update Ranged attacks stopped working in our game. Melee attacks still works, as does the damage for ranged attacks. Only the attack roll itself isn't working. Thanks GroundWalker I'll see what's happening and get that fixed.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GroundWalker said: Heya, since the latest update Ranged attacks stopped working in our game. Melee attacks still works, as does the damage for ranged attacks. Only the attack roll itself isn't working. Can you try expanding the range weapon to see the weapon notes? There's a new field for malfunction. Can you make sure the value is 0? It should have defaulted to 0.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
OK we see the problem with the Ranged Attack Skill Roll. For now you will need to enter the value of 0 for Ranged Attacks Malfunction for every weapon even if you are not using the Optional Malfunction rule. This will be corrected by next Tuesday's character sheet pull (or perhaps sooner with and emergency pull) if MadCoder can get to it in time. Sorry about that, these things do happen at times. Mike
Ok, glad to hear that and can confirm that it works for us like that, sorry for the lack of reply MadCoder. Love the sheet, we all really appreciate the work put into it. :)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GroundWalker said: Ok, glad to hear that and can confirm that it works for us like that, sorry for the lack of reply MadCoder. Love the sheet, we all really appreciate the work put into it. :) Hi GroundWalker, thanks for the feedback! The bugfix will go up this coming Tuesday. Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks again GroundWalker for noticing the bug. The version 1.6.8.1 has the bug fix, where the default value for malfunction is set to 0, which basically means not used.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Notice: A small bug has come up for the Skill Success Note where if the skill roll is a success, the Success Note does not always appear in the Chat. . This should be fixed on the next Pull on Tuesday Nov 12. All other notes for Fail, Critical Success, and Critical Fail work as intended. We may also be including some format changes to those notes as well (time will tell). Mike
Would it not be better use of resources to have you guys work with Scott on the other GURPS sheet, or implement his things on this one?  You all do a lot of work and each have great ideas.  I would think that working together would produce a much better sheet and allow everyone to work less on it.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Omegaman said: Would it not be better use of resources to have you guys work with Scott on the other GURPS sheet, or implement his things on this one?  You all do a lot of work and each have great ideas.  I would think that working together would produce a much better sheet and allow everyone to work less on it. The other GURPS sheet accessible in the sheet selection dropdown(GURPS Mutonized) haven't been edited since December 2016 , so it seems to me this is the only one worked on. Unless there exists some major unlisted GURPS character sheet elsewhere.
Andreas J. said: Omegaman said: Would it not be better use of resources to have you guys work with Scott on the other GURPS sheet, or implement his things on this one?  You all do a lot of work and each have great ideas.  I would think that working together would produce a much better sheet and allow everyone to work less on it. The other GURPS sheet accessible in the sheet selection dropdown(GURPS Mutonized) haven't been edited since December 2016 , so it seems to me this is the only one worked on. Unless there exists some major unlisted GURPS character sheet elsewhere. If Omegaman is referring to what I think he is, that sheet hasn't been released to public use and maybe it shouldn't, because reasons (I think it also requires API access, which excludes free users).
Crumbs  I am going to follow this as I am starting to think about running a gurps campaign

Edited 1573252159
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Omegaman said: Would it not be better use of resources to have you guys work with Scott on the other GURPS sheet, or implement his things on this one?  You all do a lot of work and each have great ideas.  I would think that working together would produce a much better sheet and allow everyone to work less on it. Thanks all for posting. If you re referring GURPS (Style #2) character sheet, that person has left Roll20 some time ago and has not updated it for years - I even spoke to him directly some 2 years ago on this. That version was originally based on the one we are supporting now. Roll20's policy, now , is only 1 sheet per game system (Unless it is an Official Roll20 character sheet).. That sheet, GURPS (Style #2), is under their Legacy rule for existing sheets. They will now allow any more for GURPS, at least that is what they told me and a few others. If Scott has some custom sheet he made, that is not available for use from Roll20 (see reason above). You would have to get that code directly from him. I have seen some other Custom sheets for GURPS, mostly based on the one we are supporting. The problem is they use a lot of  hard coded rules and thus if  the GM does not use that particular rule or alters that rule there is no way to adjust that in their sheets. For example: Some of these sheets use Macros for their attacks that ask for the Hit Location of the attack. It then enters a hard coded modifier for said attack. If the GM wanted to change, for example, the hand to be -3 instead of -2 he would be unable to do that as it is hard coded into the macro itself (within the sheet). Mike P.S: We do welcomes other who can code in HTML5 and CSS, to work with us on this sheet. This way we do not overlap work.

Edited 1573253912
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Mike W. said: Roll20's policy, now , is only 1 sheet per game system (Unless it is an Official Roll20 character sheet).. That sheet, GURPS (Style #2), is under their Legacy rule for existing sheets. They will now allow any more for GURPS, at least that is what they told me and a few others. Based on my experience, and on the fact that the specific wording ("only 1 sheet per game") seem to have been removed from the Guidelines at some point, so I'd say that rule isn't quite as strict as it used to be, when it was explicitly mentioned. But the intent behind it would surely still make it unlikely a third GURPS-sheet to be accepted. This also reminds me that it would be useful to make a thread/wiki page that list major sheets that isn't currently accessible directly in the sheet dropdown menu.

Edited 1573254982
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J Thank you for posting. I am only repeating what I have heard from Roll20 and other Sheet Authors trying to get a GURPS sheet f of their own in the Roll20 official list. Two sheet authors, I will not post their names for privacy, had asked Roll20 in the last year to add their sheets. They were both turned down quoting the policy of 1 sheet per game system. Whether or not that is posted some where, that is what they were told directly from Roll20. They did, however, leave a 'carrot' saying they, Roll20, will consider a second sheet if the proposed sheet is significantly different and if they can remove 1 of the 2 existing sheets. Neither sheet author followed up on this. So it appears to be possible to do so on a case by case bases. For myself and MadCoder, we are only focused on this one sheet, simply named GURPS . FYI: A 3rd sheet named Conspiracy X is now under the GURPS Roll20 template list. It is NOT a GURPS character sheet. We have notified Roll20 of this fact. So mistakes can be made and I am sure no one at Roll20 is really paying close attention. Love your idea about posting those custom sheets, seems that could be easily done with Roll20's help and the Sheet Authors participating. Mike
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: MadCoder and I are thinking of starting a Discord channel dedicated to this character sheet. There would be discussions held there, a place to post bug reports and suggestions, FAQs, links to other posts, and possibly screen shots with How To's regarding using the sheet. We would keep this Roll20 Forum Thread going as well but thought that a Discord channel would offer even more information. What do you think?. Mike
@Mike W. My group and I have been using this sheet since we started and to see the new changes that you've been making over the past several months has really impressed us. Thank you so much for your efforts in the sheet. Greg
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gregory B. said: @Mike W. My group and I have been using this sheet since we started and to see the new changes that you've been making over the past several months has really impressed us. Thank you so much for your efforts in the sheet. Greg Thank you for your kind words, we very much appreciate them.
Hi. First off, you guys are my heroes. I've tried and given up on playing GURPS many times because I love the complexity of the system, but at the same time, it seems almost impossible to run it to its full extent. There are just too many variables to keep track of manually. I now finally feel confident enough to play. Thank you for making all this. Anyways, I've been trying to make a macro to quickly display the DR of a given character. Problem is that the keeps showing the original values. The print screen below shows the Skull DR (8), and the attributes tab shows skull_dr_max = 8, but when I test the macro, it rolls a value of 2 (original value, if I'm not mistaken). And since we are on the subject of DR, is there a way to display two kinds of DR for armors that have two different values (like mails and leather)?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Felipe C. said: And since we are on the subject of DR, is there a way to display two kinds of DR for armors that have two different values (like mails and leather)? The way most of us do that is entering the value like 2+3 (2 DR for one type of armor and 3DR for another). However it then does not have a total. Another example is for the head 2 for the skull then +2 for some armor. We might be able to come up with some other way that gives a total. I will consult with Mad Coder on this. As for the first issue you re having, I will have Mad Coder assist you if he can. BTW Thanks for the complements, we greatly appreciate them. Mike

Edited 1573667285
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Felipe, I dont know the sheet, but i notice you are using @{selected|skull_dr_max} Have you tried @{selected|skull_dr} ? Also you have it wrapped in [[ ]] which requires it be a number. but some of your dr numbers a text, like 6 / 4, so that might not work well for other locations.
Hey guys, I was fiddling around with the Grimoire tab and I found a few minor things that could be touched on: When deleting a spell, the checkbox for the MT column overlaps with the trashcan icon, preventing the user from deleting the spell. It can still be deleted if clicking the very edge of the button. You could shrink the 'Class' column to free some space since classes can be shortened to 1 or 2 letters with no loss. The mouse over tool tip for the MT column is leaking outside the right border of the sheet. Terminology: I suggest changing 'Maintained Penalty' to 'Concentration Penalty', the reason being that only spells being actively concentrated on warrant the -3 to skill. Example: Casting Levitation on yourself for 30 seconds yields: -1 spell on penalty to other spells (you currently have a temporary spell running); Conditional -3 concentration penalty to other spells when floating yourself around (if you float/stand still in mid air, there's no penalty); Notice how the shorter duration means it won't be maintained, ever, meaning these penalties are not related to maintenance. I know, that book is "ambiguous"... With Invisibility-25 one could maintain 10 instances of Invisibility for hours while never incurring in more than a -10 spell on penalty because of them. I hope it helps, thanks for the dedication!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter Thanks for the feedback. We will look into these right away. Might be a few weeks to fix theses (coming American holiday of Thanksgiving may interfere). You always provide great feedback Valter, thank you for being so enthusiastic. Mike

Edited 1573717733
Love the new additions except the Checkbox for the Success/ Fail notes in Skills. Initially these displayed automatically, now we have to select them to do so. Now I have to go back to each skill on all me PCs and check that box. Can we have this default to be checked or always be displayed in chat if there is an entry for the note?
Mike W. said: FYI: MadCoder and I are thinking of starting a Discord channel dedicated to this character sheet.… What do you think?. I would join that channel. You should consider asking Mook if he might carve out a spot on his GURPS Discord server.  There are apps and apps-dev channels there right now that other GURPS app developers (GURPS Character Sheet, GURPS Character Assistant, GURPS Calculator) are making good use of.

Edited 1574084122
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Captain Joy Might be a good idea, we will look into it, As a minimum we could always ask him to put into a link to our server.
I would join your Discord server. What are you thinking for as far as content is concerned or will it only be for chatting?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S.✌❽ said: I would join your Discord server. What are you thinking for as far as content is concerned or will it only be for chatting? Sill in the thought process Tom; but Announcements, Tips and Tricks, PDF FAQ, Bug Reports, Chat in General, Q&A, etc Mike