Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Improvement for compendium purchasing, sharing, and homebrew based on experience with DNDBeyond

Edited 1572384497
Recently while talking with one of my players about his character and we talked about some things that we liked about DNDBeyond and thought would improve our experience with Roll20 and that we agreed would make us more likely to buy compendiums from Roll20.  I decided to compile them here to get others opinions and possibly get them seen by devs.  These mainly apply to D&D 5e but I’d imagine they apply to other systems. The ability to purchase individual parts of source books.  We wished that we could buy parts of books instead of the whole thing like how DNDBeyond allows for people to “unlock” parts of a book adjust the overall cost of the book to just be what they haven’t bought.  So if I buy a bunch of spells in Xanathars if later I just buy the rest of the book the cost has decreases.  Specifically looking at this from a players stand point why would they buy Volos Guide just to play Tabaxi.  Also we’ve both bought most of the books as physical copies and would like to use the charactermancer without having to buy everything all over again. Universal compendium sharing.  Again looking at a feature from DNDBeyond we would like to see players have the ability to share compendiums.  I know DNDBeyond requires one member of a campaign to have a subscription for this so it could be added to Plus users.  We don’t like that only the DM can share compendiums, if one player owns Volos guide only they could use it while if the dm has it he could let everyone access it.  We understand that some DMs might not want to allow certain books but that could be handled by talking to your players beforehand. We would like the ability to implement homebrew as part of the compendium.  I’ve seen other posts talk about this but thought I’d bring it up again.  We’d like to see a way to add homebrew spell, feats, classes, etc to the compendium so they could be available for other players to just drag over to their sheet instead of having a google doc with them and players having to manually copy everything over.  I’ve seen stuff in the past about not wanting people to use these as a way to pirate official content but DNDBeyond solves this by limiting access to only you if the homebrew to closely resembles something from the source books.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .