Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to add whom is being attacked or spell cast upon for Macros in the D&D 5E OGL Character Sheet?!

I would like the macro to show who the weapon attack or spell casting is targeting, so it's not confusing anyone, plus I create a story chapter and weekly game summary from the chat archive and it would help to see that info in the macros please!!!

Edited 1572675296
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I don't know how to do this without editing the character sheet, but you could make custom macros for the PCs. Something like "Attack 1" (replace AAAA with your player's name. $0 represents the first entry in the attack list, replace it with $1, $2, etc) /em attacks @{target|foe|character_name}! %{AAAA|repeating_attack_$0_attack} This is not the best way it can be done, hopefully someone else can give you a more elegant solution EDIT: You can also edit the names of each player's attacks to something like "Longsword at  @{target|foe|character_name}"
Spren
Sheet Author
There's an option to add character name to every attack. That will get you half way there. Getting the target is a lot trickier, the easiest way I can think of (that isn't editing the character sheet) is to just add "@{target|foe|character_name}" to the name of the attack or the description. So change it from "Greatsword" to "Greatsword at @{target|foe|character_name}" and it will display it in the title. This would be a pain to do for every single attack, but at least it's only a one time thing.
OK, yea, I was basically asking the sheet creator(s) to add that in so I wouldn't need to make custom macros so much! Right now this is the custom macro I use, but I would like to see the sheet's creator to please add it in because there is other information I don't have access to, (there is no complete list of ALL the attributes and what they do), that would display other information like the total mods, # of ammo or spell slots left. TH-SwordGreat &{template:npcaction}{{rname= @{selected|token_name} the @{selected|class}, Attacks with the GREAT SWORD (6ft) at @{target|token_name} enemy!}}{{description=Strike Hits an AC of [[[[1d20]]+@{selected|strength_mod}+@{selected|pb}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]] | [[[[1d20]]+@{selected|strength_mod}+@{selected|pb}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]   For [[[[2d6]]+@{selected|strength_mod}+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]] Hit Points of Slashing Damage!}}
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The problem with having it built in the sheet is that then you MUST have a target token for the macro to work.  If you ever want to do an attack roll and there isn't a target token to click, then the macro simply won't work.  This means any situation that requires attacking a part of the map space (doors, walls, chest) would need a regular token, and any theater of the mind sort of play simply won't work unless there is a token for every potential target.  You also can't test rolls on the sheet without a target token, which could cause confusion to anyone new to the platform. I don't use 5E, so maybe the game system gravitates towards needing that every time, but I know I run a lot of scenarios that would just be a lot more difficult if there had to be a target token for everything.  I'm not saying you shouldn't want that, just saying there are at least a couple reasons the sheet macros aren't written that way.
I simply have the players re-click on their token if it is an object they are aiming at, that isn't a token/doesn't have one, while they state the actual target and when I edit down the chat archive, for posting as a story chapter, and gaming summary,  I just plug in the actual object intended! I have all custom macros in my other 1E/2E AD&D game, replacing the simple 2E sheet ones. (It's easier to make since they show more of the attributes than what they show for the 5E OGL sheet.)