Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pulling HP from a different character journal

Hey, I wonder if you could help me. I have a character with two stat blocks and two token arts, so far everything is fine - created to journal entries, created a rollable table to be able to switch back and forth between the two forms. However, now the tricky part. This system forces me with this special character to subtract every damage from both hp bars. I have found a workaround that works more or less, but then the max HP decrease in both forms as I accumulate more and more damage which is calculated by the character sheet as I take damage. So with the work around it works perfectly fine for one stat block, namely the main journal entry, but not the secend set of HP. Is there any way to link that token to the second HP on the other journal which calculates it correctly?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How are you updating the first character's hit points? Can you show the workaround you are using right now?
Basically I have linked the Giratina HP to the token using a attribute I won't need for this, adjusting the HP accordingly.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would use either tokenMod to alter the token bars of both tokens, or chatSetAttr to alter the hitpoints attribute for both characters. Or a combination: have two almost identical macros: One that uses tokenMod to alter the currently active token, and chatSettAttr to alter the hp attribute of the other sheet. And the second macro just switches the characters. You can have a query asking for the HP change, and use that query result to alter both characters.
Thanks, it might work. Currently trying to figure everything out as I have never worked with those.