Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[API] "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." While working on Scripts and in-game.

Layton
API Scripter
Game URL:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4495025/testing" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4495025/testing</a>
Having the same issue on all my campaigns.

Edited 1573304144
Jan
Pro
Also having this issue. Would really appreciate a fix since I have a game in 3 and a half hours. Edit: This is primarily affecting my Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus game. Two of my other games are working just fine? I was able to restart the API output console there and it's working as it should. I've also made a copy of the effected Avernus game and the API Output Console still says, "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity."
Having this trouble on one of my games.&nbsp;Another game just has "Error loading scripts" and for some reason one game is working perfectly fine.&nbsp;

Edited 1573314924
GM Michael
API Scripter
Also having issue.&nbsp; I played a game with my party about 14 hours ago with everything working fine.&nbsp; I got on this morning to make a script update and found this bug. I believe the staff of Roll20 are Pacific Time and it's a Saturday, so they may not be aware of the problem yet.&nbsp; They're going to be so happy when they wake up lol.
I'm having the same problem. "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." in all my games that uses the API
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7896044/api-sandbox-shutdown-cant-restart/?pageforid=7896306#post-7896306" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7896044/api-sandbox-shutdown-cant-restart/?pageforid=7896306#post-7896306</a> Same here.&nbsp; Curse of Strahd .... 7 hours to playtime, and my game is menu driven with plenty of API's, including the Shaped Character Sheet!

Edited 1573314940
Same issue here. Game starts in about 1 hour and I'm highly dependent on API scripts.
Hey everyone - For those that are experiencing this problem, would you mind trying the following and letting me the results, please? Thanks! Have open only one instance of Roll20 and choose only one game to troubleshoot for now - close all other tabs/windows/instances/games Log out of Roll20 Clear browser cache Log back into Roll20 and go to the game having issues Now open up a second instance/tab/window&nbsp;of Roll20 and also go to the same game having issues In one instance open up the API Settings page and in the second instance launch the game When the game has launched, restart the API Sandbox in the API Settings page Check the API
It didn't work. I've tried it trice but to no avail :C
Styrud said: It didn't work. I've tried it trice but to no avail :C Hi&nbsp;Styrud - Thank you for confirming that. I have reported this to our development team and they will investigate as soon as possible. In the meantime, to clarify, are you still receiving the same message in your API Console of "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity."?
Moving report here:&nbsp; ENDSVILLE &nbsp;said: Judging by a couple of other forum posts, something is wonky with the API these days... I was working on some macros which relied on one or more scripts in my game, and they suddenly stopped working. I checked the API page for that game, and it's stuck on repeat with the following message: Restarting sandbox due to script changes... I hadn't made any manual changes to any of the scripts for days, and everything was working fine until... well, until it wasn't. I tried looking through the one-click scripts to see if any updates may have happened, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to look through all of them &gt;.&gt; I also tried disabling several scripts to see if anything changed, but the sandbox doesn't even seem to get to the point of trying to load the scripts, so it - perhaps predictably - didn't help. A test game I had lying around works just fine. I was also able to make a copy of the affected game without any problems, and so far it seems to be working if I re-add scripts to the copy. In this particular case, I'll have to do some repeat setup work and assign some graphics again, and if I end up using the copy I'll try to see it as an opportunity to get rid of some clutter, as I have been testing a few things and realized I don't really need/want all the scripts I originally had, but I figured I'd report this anyway since it came somewhat out of the blue and had me freaking out a bit. Cheers.
Moving report here:&nbsp; Dave T &nbsp;said: Same issue here. Haven't tried another game, however. EDIT: &nbsp;Confirmed that API works on other games.
Nicholas said: Hey everyone - For those that are experiencing this problem, would you mind trying the following and letting me the results, please? Thanks! Have open only one instance of Roll20 and choose only one game to troubleshoot for now - close all other tabs/windows/instances/games Log out of Roll20 Clear browser cache Log back into Roll20 and go to the game having issues Now open up a second instance/tab/window&nbsp;of Roll20 and also go to the same game having issues In one instance open up the API Settings page and in the second instance launch the game When the game has launched, restart the API Sandbox in the API Settings page Check the API Followed the steps to no avail . Still having the "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." message. Additionally I had some of my players to join in the game, but the message still remains.
Also having this issue, tried in other browsers Chrome, Firefox and Edge, the restart API button does not seem to do anything.
Broken for me too. Tried the fix mentioned above, also tried making a test account to log a fake character into the game, still nothing.
It works for me now! Thanks!
Got a message: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?. See 'docker run --help'. Then clicked on restart API and it finally worked. Thanks!
Hey everyone - We've gone in and reset the API servers so everything should be functioning smoothly now and this issue should be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems. Our sincerest apologies for the disruption to your gaming!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So you're saying, you tried turning it off and on again? :)
Layton
API Scripter
Nicholas said: Hey everyone - We've gone in and reset the API servers so everything should be functioning smoothly now and this issue should be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems. Our sincerest apologies for the disruption to your gaming! Thanks for being so fast! :)&nbsp;
Can confirm that my single game stuck at " Restarting sandbox due to script changes... " appears to be functioning normally again after the API server reset. Thanks a bunch!
This is still broken for me. I've done the normal cache clears etc, and opened two browser tabs one in the launched game, the other in settings to restart the sandbox, but nothing happens.
So I tried cloning my game to see if that would fix this error. Well the script API now starts, so I started adding in the scripts I use, then I get this: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.&nbsp; More info... For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined at apiscript.js:11:16 at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8) at checkForReady (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1441:12) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1521:9 at c (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:14:64) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 However that stack trace doesn't look to be sourced from any of the scripts I have but something in the back end.
Dresdon said: So I tried cloning my game to see if that would fix this error. Well the script API now starts, so I started adding in the scripts I use, then I get this: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.&nbsp; More info... For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined at apiscript.js:11:16 at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8) at checkForReady (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1441:12) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1521:9 at c (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:14:64) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 However that stack trace doesn't look to be sourced from any of the scripts I have but something in the back end. Hi Dresdon - What scripts are you using in your game? Can you try to disable and re-add them one by one to see if a particular script is causing this error?

Edited 1573417406
I had running: DLEllipseDrawer, Torch, Page FX, TokenMod, CombatTracker from the Roll20 Script library. 5eTreasure and BlindRoll as custom scripts. I disabled everything and then turned them back on one by one, It looks like DLEllipseDrawer is the one at fault - Version was 'Latest'
Dresdon said: I had running: DLEllipseDrawer, Torch, Page FX, TokenMod, CombatTracker from the Roll20 Script library. 5eTreasure and BlindRoll as custom scripts. I disabled everything and then turned them back on one by one, It looks like DLEllipseDrawer is the one at fault - Version was 'Latest' Hi Dresdon -&nbsp; I experience the same issue as well when I install that particular script. I'll go ahead and let our API team know that script is having some troubles and we'll see if we can get in contact with the creator. Thank you!
Dresdon said: I had running: DLEllipseDrawer, Torch, Page FX, TokenMod, CombatTracker from the Roll20 Script library. 5eTreasure and BlindRoll as custom scripts. I disabled everything and then turned them back on one by one, It looks like DLEllipseDrawer is the one at fault - Version was 'Latest' Hi Dresdon - We are following up with the creator to get this resolved as soon as we can. In the meantime, as a workaround, would you mind trying to go&nbsp;to the tab for the script (DLEllipseDrawer), edit the value&nbsp; N &nbsp;under&nbsp; User Customization Options &nbsp;to anything else (e.g. 21), and hit save. After you have saved, go back and re-edit that same value to 20 and re-save again. After that, the script should work.
It looks like this might be occurring again.
PapaWhiskey11 said: It looks like this might be occurring again. Hi&nbsp;PapaWhiskey11 -&nbsp; Could you further describe what issues you are experiencing, please? Is your API Console displaying a particular error per chance?
“API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." wont let me restart scripts
Dark Galaxies Gaming said: “API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." wont let me restart scripts Hi&nbsp;Dark Galaxies Gaming -&nbsp;&nbsp; To best help us with troubleshooting that issue, would you mind trying the following steps first and letting me know the results, please? Thank you! Have open only one instance of Roll20 and choose only one game to troubleshoot for now - close all other tabs/windows/instances/games Log out of Roll20 Clear browser cache Log back into Roll20 and go to the game having issues Now open up a second instance/tab/window&nbsp;of Roll20 and also go to the same game having issues In one instance open up the API Settings page and in the second instance launch the game When the game has launched, restart the API Sandbox in the API Settings page Check the API
I am seeing this error message on a fairly recently created game linked below. I have followed the instructions from Roll20 Team Nicholas and it did not fix the problem. There is only one API script there with another one disabled. The Restart API Sandbox button does nothing when clicked.&nbsp; Game URL:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5472534/return-to-baldurs-gate-development" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5472534/return-to-baldurs-gate-development</a>
Hi&nbsp;Michael -&nbsp; Thank you for providing that information and our sincerest apologies on the delay! For this, would you mind trying to create a full copy of the game in question, re-installing one of your scripts, testing it again, and letting me know the results, please?
Nicholas said: Hi&nbsp;Michael -&nbsp; Thank you for providing that information and our sincerest apologies on the delay! For this, would you mind trying to create a full copy of the game in question, re-installing one of your scripts, testing it again, and letting me know the results, please? Copying the game, re-installing 1 script, the API Sandbox starts up normally. I can enter the game and use the script as expected. Then I added another API script, restarted the API Sandbox, and the the second script works fine as well. This solution should work for me, thanks Nicholas.
Hey&nbsp;Michael -&nbsp; Yay! Glad to hear it worked! However, if you have any other troubles with your scripts, or if there is anything else that comes up, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy adventures! :)
This is happening for me this morning, copying the game works but its not ideal. Get the message "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." despite a player being in the game.
Same for me this morning. I cannot restart the api despite having GM and players in the game and following the steps above. Any other suggestions? Or is it something that needs restarting on the back end?
Same thing is happening to me now!
Same for me... I paid my pro account... please Roll20, find a lasting solution. Or refund me anyway :/
I'm having the same issue here as well. Using the FFG star wars API, tried to make a copy of the game but the copy has the same issue as well.
Lars K.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm having the same issue, but not on all games. From what I can tell only&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3113748/secrets-of-the-chosen" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3113748/secrets-of-the-chosen</a> &nbsp;is affected, while&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5607354/mythological-adventures-testing" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5607354/mythological-adventures-testing</a> &nbsp;seems to be working fine, for example.
Hey all - Thank you for the reports. I have DevOps taking a look at this right now - we'll try to get you back to gaming as normal as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience!
Same for me <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8079944/api-sandbox-shutdown-due-to-campaign-inactivity/?pageforid=8079944#post-8079944" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8079944/api-sandbox-shutdown-due-to-campaign-inactivity/?pageforid=8079944#post-8079944</a> Tried standard troubleshooting, nothing helped.
Hey everyone -&nbsp; For better report consolidation, please refer to and utilize this post for further communication regarding this issue . As a result, I'm going to go ahead and close this post. We appreciate your patience!&nbsp;