Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.)

Hi, I'm encountering an issue with the API script.&nbsp; I just created a new campaign using the PoA module.&nbsp; FIrst thing I did is try to load the script I usually use (GroupInitiative and Aura/Tint HealthColors).&nbsp; BUt even before I load them, I saw this message in the console: "Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.)" I loaded my two script and the same message is there.&nbsp; I tried saving the script, tried deleting the campaign and redoing all the step, no luck.&nbsp; After that, I created a test campaign with no module and all script worked perfectly.&nbsp; I recreated my campaign with the module, and the same error message is happening. I've search here and on the internet and found some similar issue dating a few years back. (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2996220/api-issues-feb-21" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2996220/api-issues-feb-21</a>) Not sure what to do to get it started Thanks for any help you can provide Cheers

Edited 1573775574
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hi&nbsp;BlackStrum -&nbsp; Thanks for reaching out! Let's see what we can do to assist. First, would you mind trying the following and letting me the results, please?&nbsp; Have open only one instance of Roll20 and choose only one game to troubleshoot for now - close all other tabs/windows/instances/games Log out of Roll20 Clear browser cache Log back into Roll20 and go to the game having issues Now open up a second instance/tab/window&nbsp;of Roll20 and also go to the same game having issues In one instance open up the API Settings page and in the second instance launch the game When the game has launched, restart the API Sandbox in the API Settings page Check the API
Thanks for the help, I highly appreciate. Beside the clearing the cache, i had seen this in my search online.&nbsp; I had tried it, but it did not work.&nbsp; So, following your instructions, I first clear my cache, then try the rest of your instruction.&nbsp; It did not work.&nbsp; The restart the API Sandbox does nothing.&nbsp; It feels like the button does not work, nothing happen.&nbsp; But, if I do this in another game, it does restart the API, I've done it many times. Thanks for the help Black
Hi BlackStrum - Hmmm, gotcha. Would you mind trying to disable all of your API scripts, and then re-enable them one at a time to see if maybe one is causing your game issues, please? Also, could you please provide me the exact name or a link to the game in question? Thank you in advance for your patience!
Ive removed all scripts, re install them one at the time and nothing changed.&nbsp; I've also only disable them and re enable them one at the time, nothing.&nbsp; The issue is there when I create the game without any scripts. Here is the campaign link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5424835/princes-of-the-apocalypse" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5424835/princes-of-the-apocalypse</a> Thanks for your help
Hi, Sorry to be a bother, is there any movement on this?
Hi Nicholas, I am still having this issue.&nbsp; IS there anything I can do to help moving this along Thanks
I too have just experienced this bug for the first time. There are scripts installed but for some reason the API sandbox doesn't know they are there and says there are no scripts installed. I have attempted a restart of the api sandbox with the blue button to no avail - I have yet to attempt clearing my cache etc but I am not hopeful.
BlackStrum said: Hi Nicholas, I am still having this issue.&nbsp; IS there anything I can do to help moving this along Thanks Hi&nbsp;BlackStrum - I went ahead and sent you a private message with a potential resolution for this situation. Thank you!
Fingers said: I too have just experienced this bug for the first time. There are scripts installed but for some reason the API sandbox doesn't know they are there and says there are no scripts installed. I have attempted a restart of the api sandbox with the blue button to no avail - I have yet to attempt clearing my cache etc but I am not hopeful. Hi Fingers - Our sincerest apologies for the trouble! Would you mind creating a full copy of the game in question and then trying to re-install one of your API scripts? Once you do that, can you let me know the results, please? Thanks!