Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Players- Supernatural Western Campaign

Edited 1573965104
Set right before the outbreak of the Civil War, we're looking to bring you am RPG loosely inspired by Hunt: Showdown. We are using the Savage Worlds/Deadlands system. Games will be during the weekdays, best available for players, and are planned to be every week OR every other week (as often as I can DM, juggling alot in life.) The setting will be across the USA, Mexico, and Canada in an AU World that has the existence of the supernatural. The players will be in the role of Freelance "Hunters" or those who aid them. Our themes are 18+, with gritty violence, supernatural & survival horror, and investigation. We need some smart occult-type people! Currently have room for 3 players. Please message me here, or on telegram/discord for inquiries. Telegram: TheIncredibleRo Discord: TheIncredibleRory#1992
Updated with some background on our homebrew setting. I completely forgot to post this the first time around >_< It's May, 1859. The World is much as it's known. The same problems are there. The same issues. The same people. The only thing that changed was the Rifts, and the arrival of the aliens. A temporary phenomenon it was. Some say they were always there, and still are, in some way shape or form. But no sight of since that fateful winter of 1809. Alien ships and other debris fell from the sky. Who couldn't notice the sky turning purple and the hell that rained from it? Many races, many cultures. Some were from different races. All came from beyond the stars. They bought with them advanced technology, but the storms had wracked their vessels as much as anything else. Marvels of technology they bought with them ceased to work in almost no time at all, and widespread conflict with the "Others" as they were first called, as much damage was caused defending what was theirs, the real damage that was done was the mistrust. In the United States, Manifest Destiny clashed with arms from the future. But the refugees from beyond weren't equipped for a war, and there wasn't enough of them. Once the technology was taken from them, there wasn't anything to protect them. Many assimilated. Just as many fled West, to live with the Natives. As they weren't humans, the Others did not have much in the way of rights until the 1820's when they were recognized as "Sentient Beings under god", but at the end, that made them no different then the Native Americans. Or the Chinese. Or the Mexicans. Or the Africans. They were exploited, taken advantage of, and it was a trend that continued. Many labored alongside slaves in Southern Plantations, picking cotton, working the land. Not all was lost, however. While they might never have been able to make their great starships take to the skies again, as their panels were taken apart and melted down for use in the great steel mills of the industrial revolution, some knowledge remained. Medicine made advances, but putting existing knowledge to use only got people so far. Cholera outbreaks, they could be contained, but they still happened. Consumption still took those who could not afford the expensive medicinal services that human doctors offered from what they learned from the Others. There was more opportunity, but it wouldn't be until the first World War when humanity started to understand the treasures dropped in it's lap. However, the others and their shipwrecks weren't the only ones to come through. Some people say the storms that bought them had long bought other things. They said in each Myth, there was always a seed of truth. There were always Ghosts. There were always Demons. There were a reason mankind was scared of the dark. And stranded travellers from the stars were hardly the only thing that came through. Stories remained that, just stories. Old Wives tales were still used to frighten children. But nowadays, even in the strife of 1860, there are stories of other darker things. Things bought from another place, things that lay dormant on Earth, things long forgotten that once caused wary cavemen to huddle around fires. The times are dangerous, and the woods are wilded. Strife between the North and South threatens to divide the Great Union, Western Expansion bought danger and conflict. England fuels the fires of tension from one side, and Imperial Russia fans the flames from the other, both seeking to undo the machinations of the other at whatever cost in the coming strife. And while politicians argue, every now and then, the people that they represented told of strange and fantastic things. And they didn't listen. But in the dark, desperate and dangerous individuals lurked. And watched. And most importantly, they listened. Whatever bought you here, a modestly sized hunting cabin by a lake awaited you. Trickling in, in ones, and twos, you awaited. You heard of a job. A dangerous job that required dangerous people. A job that offered a large amount of money. A bounty, fifty dollars for hearing the offer, and an even more generous sum if you chose to accept it. All that's left to wait for is the details of the job. The shadows are calling. Let the gunshots ring.
Wish I could.  But definitely sounds cool ^^ 
what day of the week or days would this be running?
Gordon519 said: what day of the week or days would this be running? Flexible. Generally what we'd be doing is finding out when people wanted to go on a job, and then organize it. Could be any day, though on weekdays, it'd be after 5 PM EST
hmmmmm, i dont think that would work for me
Gordon519 said: hmmmmm, i dont think that would work for me Quite alright :) It's got some pretty heavy story but I designed it with the intent of people coming/going/not able to make it every session. Maximum flexibility, it's worked quite well in the past, but I completely get it's not everyone's cup of tea.
i would be interested in playing
Morgan A. said: i would be interested in playing If you'd kindly, Morgan, please message me with a Discord or send me a request at the one I have listed :) I'll be happy to work with you! No applications, I just have a couple questions of course!
SEEMS EPIC AS HELL!!!
Marcelo said: SEEMS EPIC AS HELL!!! Heh, I'll message you, we'll get in touch :)  Looks like two spots left!
One spot is left :)

Edited 1574090713
What is the schedule looking like? It's been over a decade since I've played anything even remotely similar to DeadLands. 
Schedule is fluid. The party size is normal, but we've got a flexible schedule that guarantees at least one game every two weeks and make allowances for further games by having small-party (2-4 players) missions and skirmishes for money/plot/info pretty much as much as is wanted and scheduling allows. Since attendance isn't mandatory, I include a few starting advantages that will nullify any need to min-max or do side jobs to "keep up" Mark M. said: What is the schedule looking like? It's been over a decade since I've played anything even remotely similar to DeadLands.