Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5E][P2P][New Players Welcome] Experienced GM Running Adventurers League Games

Edited 1575310259
What is Adventurer's League? The D&D Adventurers League is an ongoing official campaign for Dungeons & Dragons. It uses the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons rules, and features the Forgotten Realms setting. You can play D&D Adventurers League games literally anywhere. Players use the fifth edition rules to create a character and bring that character to games anywhere D&D Adventurers League play is happening. A brief read of  The Player Guide  will tell you most of the details. About the GM Hello!  My name is Brandon. I am a 32 year old engineer and I have been a blessed / cursed perma-GM for the last 4 years, 3 of which I have done utilizing Roll20. When I am not playing tabletop games I enjoy working on different home automation projects, homebrew beer of wildly varying quality, and enjoy playing a wide variety of video games. I also am a Straight Ally and an advocate for equal rights in my local government. I would describe my style of GMing to be lighter hearted. I want to make sure the players are having a good time, and I want to make sure everyone gets to participate. My 3 GMing role models are Austin Walker , Griffin McElroy, and Chris Perkins . About the Game I will be running approximately 4 hour long sessions through my backlog of Adventurers League modules utilizing the 9th season Adventurers League rules. Currently, working through Season 8's content while I save up to purchase the latest season's work. At the halfway mark of any given session, there will be a 10 minute break for people to refill drinks and handle other necessities that arise in long term games. This game will utilize Discord for voice, and use Roll20 for the tabletop. The sheets being used are the 5th Edition OGL sheets by Roll20, as they tend to run better under load than the others. Games will require between 3-7 players. Scheduling will be based on player availability, with the potential for running two of the same episode a week if both demand and availability allow. ** Cost per player per session will be $12 paid through Paypal. ** Currently, I am "soft capping" my game at total of 14 players, as I want to make sure I can handle that load before attempting more, and it gives a buffer in the event some players opt out of a week. Game features include both the Player's Handbook and Xanathar's Guide to Everything being in the compendium, as well as the following API scripts: 5th Edition OGL Companion, Aura/Tint HealthColors, Welcome Package, TokenMod, Combat Tracker, ChatSetAttr, Roll20 Audio Master, Message of the Day, Inspiration Tracker. All of these, and more, have been configured to help provide a buttery smooth RPG experience. Both the first game you play as well as every fifth will be run for you at no charge.  Rules of the Game Most rules are cribbed from the old AL rules they used to hand out: * Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the enjoyment and safety of others at the event. * Avoid excessively vulgar, sexual, or overly mature language and themes. * Follow the DMs lead, avoid arguing with the DM or other players over rules. * Let other players speak, avoid talking over others. * Avoid excessive cross-talk that is not relevant to the adventure being played * Allow other players to get attention from the DM. * Discourage others from using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other participants. * Avoid allowing side talk to people not in the game to come over voice. If you need to step aside to talk to someone else, please politely excuse yourself. * No tolerance is given for aggressive behavior. * Aggressive behavior is grounds for immediate removal from the game. * Aggressive behavior includes threats of or actual physical aggression, using racial, gender, or cultural slurs against another participant, and otherwise harassing other participants. What Your Money Goes Towards Being paid for my time enables me to use the money I get from this to cover future purchases, such as new Adventurers' League modules for play and art assets, as well as, hopefully, cover some of my personal expenses. (Cough, student debt, cough). Your money also goes towards paying for my pro subscription, which I utilize for a large number of API scripts to make the gameplay experience smoother, as well as the additional storage that a large game requires. Being paid also incentivizes myself to give each game my full attention, making games more reliable and of a higher quality overall. It will also help with the other players participating, as when money is on the line everyone is more attentive. How to Get Started * Read through  The Player Guide  for the current season. It outlines all that you will need and should know getting into League play. * If you're in need of a refresher on some of the basic rules, check out the  D&D 5e Basic Rules . * Get yourself an  Adventurers League Logsheet , this is what will allow you to take players from this game and take them to events or other Adventurers League gamemasters, or even back the other direction! * Familiarize yourself with how  Discord  works, as it will be our primary method of communication. Once you're all set, apply over in the  LFG Listing's Discussions .  Don't worry if it seems confusing! I will do my best prior to the session to help you get ready for dice rolling shenanigans. Obligatory Disclaimer This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $12 per session, due 2 hours before start of game via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
Need at least one more to start a game! Also adding a promotion in that every 5th game run with me is free .  Easily accepting much more than one though, if interested. More players mean more windows to play in and more chances to play!

Edited 1575310529
We have enough players for a game! More welcome, also worth stating that the first game played with me will be free , as it feels wrong to charge someone unless you get to know if my style meshes with applicants. Also, would like to note, while the first game is happening This Wednesday at 1:30 PM PST  not all games will happen at that time. Games will be scheduled as availability permits.