Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

LFG 5E Text-Only Beginner

Hello good people of Roll20, I'm Eli. I am new to Roll20 and tabletop RPGs. I am looking for a smaller 5E text-only group, 3-4 players I guess, who would welcome beginners. Or perhaps some kind soul who would be willing to do a solo one shot text-only session with me just to get the feeling of how Roll20 and tabletop RPGs work. I am in the GMT+2 timezone, but I am flexible on time. I would be willing to do US times too, I could join a game at say 12:00AM my time. Although, anything later than that will probably be difficult. A little bit about myself and my experience with D&D: I am 30 years old. I am uncomfortable with voice chat, as I get stressed out and exhausted easily when talking to many people at once. Hence my reason for asking for a text only game. I have a video game background. I played most of the known D&D video game titles, and some more obscure ones like the old Dark Sun game. This is how I was introduced to D&D. So I have some degree of understanding of how the rules work. I feel that I have exhausted the video game medium, and I always wanted to try the original tabletop RPGs. I am particularly interested in storylines, exploration, creative use of skills, abilities and spells to solve quests and encounters. I have also taken the liberty of going through some sections of the Player's Handbook so I have a reasonably good idea of what kind of character I would like to make, just need some help to get started. At the end of the day, D&D is a social experience and I am looking to make some friends as well. I had a friend some 18 years ago who invited me to try D&D once, but I turned him down. A decision I came to regret years later. These days I have few friends whose interests coincide with mine. I am hoping to change that. Thanks.
1574521194
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello Eli and welcome to Roll20. While what I have to offer is not a game, it is community of gamers who prefer text based games (or have an issue that requires text). There are GM's in the community who post game recruitment in the community's forums so if you think this might be something that you would like, come peruse the "Hello All" post then follow the simple instructions. Knights of the Written Word 2 community
Hello Pat and thanks for the information. It might just be what I'm looking for. I will check it out.