Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Time is Money

Hello, time is money and I want to spend as little time on dungeon creation as possible but still have good quality. That is reason why I pay subscription and this is a reason why I bought this map pack <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3738/save-vs-caves-dwarven-rooms-and-halls" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3738/save-vs-caves-dwarven-rooms-and-halls</a> When I bought this map pack I was a bit disappointed that I have to adjust size of map modules manualy to fit them together... Now I want to buy more map modules but I am scared I will have to adjust all map pieces manually again <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4260/dungeon-tiles-stylized-gray" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4260/dungeon-tiles-stylized-gray</a> I wish I could just drag pieces with Alt on roll20 map and have the match grid without any extra work to connect all pieces together. Can I please get your feedback on my wish :) Thank you &lt;3 Martin

Edited 1574966902
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This might help... How do you retain the native resolution of an image for the purposes of Maps? TL;DR if the images are of the same dimensions, you can create a card deck so that every card used is the same (height x width) in pixels.
Well I was hoping for something less time consuming. I want to buy it and use it right away :) So I think I am asking if roll20 team planing to have some standart for roll20 grid?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bragnak said: Well I was hoping for something less time consuming. I want to buy it and use it right away :) So I think I am asking if roll20 team planing to have some standart for roll20 grid? I hear you...&nbsp; This has come up countless times on the forums.&nbsp; Might cast a vote here Drop Original Size Art Asset onto the TableTop from Art Library
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Part of the problem is that different folks have different desires. Some want maps that load quickly, others want maps that look beautiful at maximum resolution and these are not always compatible. "Native resolution" is pretty meaningless, especially, since you can also change the desired pixels per unit on the page settings as well. Enforcing a standard resolution would be sure to alienate many users. There are a number of suggestions on this in the Suggestions forum ( this one looks to have the most traction—I've voted for it). Honestly, it should be default behavior to resize any asset dropped to the VTT that has dimensions in its name. Those dimensions are resolution independent. If none of the solutions above are satisfactory (and admittedly, none of them solve the actual problem) you can always seek a refund on something you are dissatisfied with by writing to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.
Well I do not think that slightly changing size on few tiles can change the resolution or size in relevant way. But I know what you mean, you can't satisfy all people on the internet but I think my wish is resonable. Hopefully roll20 team already working on it :)

Edited 1575053200
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
My modular dungeon tiles 'Soloman Temple Squares' might suit your needs since all 144 different tile designs are a standard 8x8 and easy to fit together knowing that you just drag the tiles to 8 squares.
Kris M. (Maphatter) said: My modular dungeon tiles 'Soloman Temple Squares' might suit your needs since all 144 different tile designs are a standard 8x8 and easy to fit together knowing that you just drag the tiles to 8 squares. Yes, something like this! Nice I will consider buying one of those ;)

Edited 1575089711
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I recommend looking for maps with the Dynamic Lighting filter applied. Any of those maps are going to be set up, ready to use in your Page toolbar, complete with dynamic lighting. There is no setup time needed.
Most packs have the dimensions in the name of the piece, Right Click and resize, while not perfect, helps. You can never go wrong with Gabriel Pickard's work, I must have 20 of his packs.
Mark S. said: I recommend looking for maps with the Dynamic Lighting filter applied. Any of those maps are going to be set up, ready to use in your Page toolbar, complete with dynamic lighting. There is no setup time needed. Yeah I am doing that now thanks
al e. said: Most packs have the dimensions in the name of the piece, Right Click and resize, while not perfect, helps. You can never go wrong with Gabriel Pickard's work, I must have 20 of his packs. I will check on this author thanks
I have to say that I'm more than a little frustrated with this myself. I've spent a lot of money on tile packs that don't match up with each other within the same tile pack. Just bought a dungeon tile pack where the hallway tiles do not match up with the room tiles (specifically the doorways). Why would an author choose to make the pack like this? Resizing every tile is not an option as I simply do not have that kind of time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm very close to simply not purchasing anything from the marketplace any more. I'm sorry if this comes across badly, I'm just really *really* frustrated.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Emberleaf said: I have to say that I'm more than a little frustrated with this myself. I've spent a lot of money on tile packs that don't match up with each other within the same tile pack. Just bought a dungeon tile pack where the hallway tiles do not match up with the room tiles (specifically the doorways). Why would an author choose to make the pack like this? Resizing every tile is not an option as I simply do not have that kind of time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm very close to simply not purchasing anything from the marketplace any more. I'm sorry if this comes across badly, I'm just really *really* frustrated. I recommend contacting the author directly. Feedback is very helpful (and rare). I am sure the artist will be able to clarify how to use the set or correct any issues there might be. As a Marketplace Creator, I love getting feedback on what people really like about the sets and how I can make them even better. I hope you decided to contact them and get things worked out.&nbsp;
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
On another note, there is an option with the new upload tool for marketplace creators to setup the size for each asset, but I think that doesnt do anything so far, so maybe in the future it would be possible for map tiles to be the correct size once placed without needing to resize everything.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dsurion said: On another note, there is an option with the new upload tool for marketplace creators to setup the size for each asset, but I think that doesnt do anything so far, so maybe in the future it would be possible for map tiles to be the correct size once placed without needing to resize everything. There is a data entry for us creators now to set the default dimensions of every individual item new and old. I've gone back and filled out about 90% of my old sets with this data personally (newest to old, so some my oldest sets still need to be filled out, I plan to do that closer to the update launch), but I can't speak for other creators. Eventually an update will come out that utilizes this data, but until then it will still be the way it currently is. Once Roll20 updates it though, life should be easier for everyone making maps in Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is welcome news.
That is indeed good news. Having "Large Tree" smaller than "Small Tree" always leaves me puzzled.
Excellent news, indeed.