Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Managing Absent Players

Edited 1398139924
Edit: I just realized my heading is misleading. This is a question about CARDS and absent players. Sorry. Sometimes a player drops in the middle of a hand and I can't get my cards back. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Sometimes I want to award points via cards after the game but a player is in a hurry. Sometimes I want to check the stats on a card a character is holding ( Thanks to an awesome script by Rendelle F ) but I don't know how to access it between sessions. Any suggestions?
Gauss
Forum Champion
As a GM you can recall cards from all of the players regardless if they are in the game or not. However, at this time there is no way to recall the cards from a single player.
And to give cards to players that aren't in at the moment?

Edited 1398197731
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hover over the deck, click Deal and select the players you want to give cards to. If you are regularly trying to use cards with absent players what you may want to do is have them keep the cards on the table instead of in their hand. You can draw areas so that they have their own areas for the cards. You can also set it up so that the cards default to "face down". Of course, the drawback is that players would need to be trusted to not cheat (pick up the cards and look at them).