Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dragging and dropping weapons works without issue for me: I added a longsword and then greatsword and then reordered them. Make sure you click the "Modify" button.
Is it possible to change passive scores, so as to incorporate bonuses from feats like Observant?
Darren P. said: Is it possible to change passive scores, so as to incorporate bonuses from feats like Observant? Enable passive skills on the settings tab then a passive input will appear in modifiers to enter a number. Modifiers will only have the passive skill mod for ability checks when passive skills in on.
Is it possible to  automatically track spell points? I'm using the API, and when I use more than I can it warns me, but it doesn't decrease the number of spell points when I use a spell, I have to do it manually.
Sorry if this is redundant with previous postings or the wrong thread location but searching got me stuff that was 2-3 years old and this was my best guess as to where to ask.This is regarding Shaped Sheet version 19.3.0 with the shaped script, viewed with a mix of chrome or firefox [and a bard using MS Edge for some reason] We've switched from the 5e community contributed to 5e shaped a few months ago and we've run into increasing performance issues that seem related to the number of spells on a sheet. Is this a known issue? and is there a way around it other than 'have less spells'? Our worst example of this issue is our 15th level druid has some 90ish spells and faces load times between 10 to 45 seconds on most days and is always stuck with 3 to 5 second delays with each interact. I myself have also run into issues with the whole interface slowing to a crawl when I have 4 or 5 NPC Sheets open at a time. It seems to be worse for chrome users over firefox users but most every spellcaster with more than 10 - 15 spells have problems after a couple hours of play and opening and closing several sheets. Based off what I've found prior to posting it seems to all be 'that's how r20 works, and we have to deal or use different sheets or don't have spells'. I figured i'd ask to see if there are some optimization tips or secret workarounds or something the might help. Thanks -Snow
Unfortunately Snow, it's exactly what your research already has brought up. Performance degrades the more sheets you have open, especially the more complex they are. Best practice is to not have every spell but most used instead (or most complicated roll wise). As you're a Pro user, you can use the Shaped Companion API script to help with spell importing and exporting. I tend to have 15 or so spells on most of my players' sheets and then just import others as necessary.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is a macro generator I use to handle multiple spell loadouts on the Shaped Sheet. It requires the Shaped script.
Thank you TechieCarer and KeithCurtis for the responses. I do appreciate it.
Out of curiosity, is it possible to make an attacher for a single skill?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: Out of curiosity, is it possible to make an attacher for a single skill? As far as I know, modifier yes, attacher no.
Snow said: Sorry if this is redundant with previous postings or the wrong thread location but searching got me stuff that was 2-3 years old and this was my best guess as to where to ask.This is regarding Shaped Sheet version 19.3.0 with the shaped script, viewed with a mix of chrome or firefox [and a bard using MS Edge for some reason] We've switched from the 5e community contributed to 5e shaped a few months ago and we've run into increasing performance issues that seem related to the number of spells on a sheet. Is this a known issue? and is there a way around it other than 'have less spells'? Our worst example of this issue is our 15th level druid has some 90ish spells and faces load times between 10 to 45 seconds on most days and is always stuck with 3 to 5 second delays with each interact. I myself have also run into issues with the whole interface slowing to a crawl when I have 4 or 5 NPC Sheets open at a time. It seems to be worse for chrome users over firefox users but most every spellcaster with more than 10 - 15 spells have problems after a couple hours of play and opening and closing several sheets. Based off what I've found prior to posting it seems to all be 'that's how r20 works, and we have to deal or use different sheets or don't have spells'. I figured i'd ask to see if there are some optimization tips or secret workarounds or something the might help. Thanks -Snow Also, for Snow and @everybody else, the same issue appear with OGL sheet. Also see  here
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 loads your campaign and its assets into browser memory. If it didn't, there would be many, many more complaints about speed, since Roll20 doesn't know which piece of info you might need to fetch next. This is akin to complaining that your car is too crowded because it has 6 seats and 20 passengers, or trying to open a 1TB photoshop file. Loading 90 spells onto a sheet exceeds the design intent of the system. Users need to exercise constraint and discipline. Run lean, run clean.
This might have been answered previously, but is there a way to set custom crit damage values? For example, one of my friends runs a houserule where crits use exploding dice, another one has crits roll 1 dice-category higher. With roll20s sheet, you have a separate "crit" section for damage which we could use for it, but I don't see an option like this in the Shaped sheet. Assuming the reason I can't find it is that it's not there, is there any chance a future version could have a "Crit damage uses exploding dice" option among the Critical Damage settings?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Each attack has a critical field wherein you can enter custom damage. Is this different from what you are looking for? You could also look making an attacher which triggers on critical damage.

Edited 1565551119
You need to turn on the "extra on Crit" option in the sheet settings and enter the exploding dice formula using the damage roll appended with an exclamation mark (ex. 1d8!). Or, for the next level dice, 1d10 (using my example). The sheet automatically rolls the weapon damage again on a crit by default ("normal" setting) so to turn that off set the Critical damage field to "No extra damage...from the default dice"
Doug E. said: You need to turn on the "extra on Crit" option in the sheet settings and enter the exploding dice formula using the damage roll appended with an exclamation mark (ex. 1d8!). Or, for the next level dice, 1d10 (using my example). The sheet automatically rolls the weapon damage again on a crit by default ("normal" setting) so to turn that off set the Critical damage field to "No extra damage...from the default dice" Oh, neat, I didn't see that (well, I saw the checkbox, just couldn't find what it changed) Thanks a lot! :D
Would it be possible to add customization of Proficiency Bonus? If so, would much appreciate it. Thank you for your amazing sheet.
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but is there a new thread for the companion script? [5e Shaped Script] Version 11+ closed. Also, would it be possible to get the new token options added to the default selection? Like having the bars appear at the bottom of the token, compact view, etc.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The thread probably closed since there have been no updates in a long time. As for the bar positions, they are still not available to the API, so a script can't modify them.
I'm posting this here because I can't find an open thread for the Shaped Script. Did the issue with the new format for creatures like in the Creature Codex ever get fixed? The last thing I could find on that was from like May.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Neither script nor sheet has been updated in a while. Have you tried dragging the compendium entry over an open, blank character sheet?
keithcurtis said: Neither script nor sheet has been updated in a while. Have you tried dragging the compendium entry over an open, blank character sheet? Yeah, still doesn't work.
I am trying to toggle modifiers on and off on the shaped sheet in the chat room and/or with macros and am having no luck figuring out how to do so. Keithcurtis mentioned ChatSetAttr, but I can't find a way to reference the modifiers section of the sheet in the shaped sheet wiki. I'm assuming it's a repeating attribute. Can anyone help me with that?

Edited 1575423459
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From this post  (you may want to read the posts following for the difference between an absolute ID reference, and a relative reference (by list position). There are examples of both: Here is what I wrote for my player. It even puts up a little status marker to remind him it's on. This requires token-mod and ChatSetAttr to function; Rage On !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong You will need to get the ID of the modifier check box, and instructions are in the  documentation . Since there's no built-in macro for modifiers, you'll need to use the Inspector method. PM me if you need more help. Rage Off !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-strong Here is  Ben L. 's example of a relative reference from the same thread: So, for others who may be looking for it, here is the final StartRage macro I settled on: %{selected|repeating_classfeature_$0_action} !setattr --sel --silent --repeating_modifier_$0_active|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong I initially wanted to decrement the rage count myself but decided in the end to let the sheet do the work since it has the "use police" built in anyway. You have to modify it if Rage or the Rage Damage modifier are not the first items in those sections, but using the number system is faster to implement than looking for the ID. For completeness (is that a word?) here is the EndRage macro: !setattr --sel --silent --repeating_modifier_$0_active|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-strong
Ahhhhhh, fantastic! I was so close. If I'd kept picking at it I might have actually gotten it... or not. Thank you so much!
Is there a way to automatically deduct ki points?
ki/ spell points - are not part of the sheet's basic function. Automate sheet updates would be a part of the API script. (and as pointed out above, the forum for such closed, so I'd suggest going to the github and issuing a request there for such - both getting it tracked and keeping that treaded dialog in context from those requests)
@Kryx, with roll20 changing the compendium and monster format under the hood subtly, monster conversions don't always work any more, and spells dragged from the compendium don't always work. Do you want github issues for those, or are you at a point where you say "it is what it is, use OGL if you need to be compatible with their format"? I totally get either.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately, it's at the later point. The format has changed a few times now and each change has had significant quality control issues. It's one of the main reasons I haven't developed the sheet more. Sorry!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the official statement, Kryx.
I'm currently suffering from a bug that is not allowing me to add spells to a character sheet via the drag & drop method, any workarounds?
Josh T. said: I'm currently suffering from a bug that is not allowing me to add spells to a character sheet via the drag & drop method, any workarounds? December 20 (4 days ago) Thorsten  KS Backer Permalink   Quote   Report @Kryx, with roll20 changing the compendium and monster format under the hood subtly, monster conversions don't always work any more, and spells dragged from the compendium don't always work. Do you want github issues for those, or are you at a point where you say "it is what it is, use OGL if you need to be compatible with their format"? I totally get either. December 23 (1 day ago) Kryx  Pro   Sheet Author   API Scripter Permalink   Quote   Report Unfortunately, it's at the later point. The format has changed a few times now and each change has had significant quality control issues. It's one of the main reasons I haven't developed the sheet more. Sorry!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Josh T. said: I'm currently suffering from a bug that is not allowing me to add spells to a character sheet via the drag & drop method, any workarounds? If you are not able to use the compendium drag for some reason or other, the only other alternative is the script, which is limited to spells in the SRD.
@Kryx, thank you for all the time and effort you put into the sheet over the years! We've had a lot of fun with it.
Given that this is not an actively evolving sheet any longer, can I get a recommendation on using it for a new campaign vs using the OGL?  Should I expect to have more issues with it as roll20 changes given that Shaped is not changing at all or will the current version always continue to work as it is?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's entirely dependent on Roll20. As the needs of the system have evolved, Roll20 has changed data structures from time to time. Before, Kryx would usually adapt the sheet to match. Unless someone takes over development, this gap will likely widen and the sheet will become less useful when dealing with compendium content. If you are planning a long term campaign that is dependent on Compendium Content (including Charactermancer), I would recommend the Roll20 official sheet. If you do a lot of home brew, or most of your content comes from the SRD, or you like the ability to powerfully customize, go with the Shaped sheet. Personally, I love the Shaped Sheet, but I saw the writing on the wall over a year ago and made the switch to the Official sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Agreed with everything Keith said.
And I can only beg you Kryx to consider doing this magic on FVTT.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: That's entirely dependent on Roll20. As the needs of the system have evolved, Roll20 has changed data structures from time to time. Before, Kryx would usually adapt the sheet to match. Unless someone takes over development, this gap will likely widen and the sheet will become less useful when dealing with compendium content. If you are planning a long term campaign that is dependent on Compendium Content (including Charactermancer), I would recommend the Roll20 official sheet. If you do a lot of home brew, or most of your content comes from the SRD, or you like the ability to powerfully customize, go with the Shaped sheet. Personally, I love the Shaped Sheet, but I saw the writing on the wall over a year ago and made the switch to the Official sheet. This rings true for the Pathfinder Community sheet as well...

Edited 1578214171
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vince said: keithcurtis said: [..] Roll20 has changed data structures from time to time. [...] Unless someone takes over development, this gap will likely widen and the (Shaped) sheet will become less useful when dealing with compendium content. [...] Personally, I love the Shaped Sheet, but I saw the writing on the wall over a year ago and made the switch to the Official sheet. This rings true for the Pathfinder Community sheet as well... The difference to the Offical Pathfinder 1E is that it won't get any major changes to it any longer, and shouldn't be considered to be in active development, so the Pathfinder Community Sheet could work itself to a point where it's on equal footing with the official sheet.

Edited 1581570377
Is all of this supposed to mean that because the sheet doesn't work for some of the content in the compendium, that all minor bugs are no longer being fixed? Is this now a completely unsupported sheet? If so, why does it still have a report an issue link on the bottom that directs you to a link to report issues with and also why still list a patreon and accept patreon supporters / donations?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not Kryx, but I can make some guesses. Is all of this supposed to mean that because the sheet doesn't work for some of the content in the compendium, that all minor bugs are no longer being fixed? Kryx had been fixing major problems, but only those that affected the sheet in general, not ones affecting compliance with Roll20 Compendium material. Is this now a completely unsupported sheet? Pretty much. If someone wanted to take over development, or fork it and develop their own copy, that might give it a development future. If so, why does it still have a report an issue link on the bottom that directs you to a link to report issues with and also why still list a patreon and accept patreon supporters / donations? It's up to Kryx if he wants to make future changes. The report link can still maintain a list of problems should he or someone else decide to develop it or a branch in the future. As for the Patreon, that's really for Kryx to answer, but people can still use it to thank him for the hundreds of hours put into it. The sheet still works, in many ways, far better than the official sheet.
How easy is it to switch over to the OGL sheet? My game has been running with Shaped for a long while now - are there any consequences for changing the sheet under the game's settings? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheets are completely incompatible. You'll have to start over.
Rawss said: How easy is it to switch over to the OGL sheet? My game has been running with Shaped for a long while now - are there any consequences for changing the sheet under the game's settings?  If you try swapping over, all your characters will end up with a ton of bloat as their Attributes almost double in size and the campaign speed will suffer greatly. Like Kryx said, it's just better to start from scratch and manually port things over. I made the mistake of trying to just swap sheets and ended up breaking half of the PCs and needing to remake them.
Converting from an older version to the latest version, I have lost all the characters (PC and NPC) weapon information.  Is there any way to get this back?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Thomas, There were no breaking changes for weapons since the sheet switched to the Offense section on version 14.0.0 which was a very very long time ago. I've always recommended keeping the sheet up to date as small changes and updates are much easier to handle. Unfortunately I expect not much can be done for this case.
With things like the "Drow High Magic" feat you get the ability to cast certain spells once per day. I noticed there is a section built into the spells to track this and everything however I can't seem to find an easy way to update that tracker once I've used that spell. Currently the only way I'd know to do this would be to switch into edit mode and then switch back but even then I can no longer see if I've used it since the last long rest as the counter disappears. So I guess I'm just curious if there is a smoother way to handle this that I've missed or this is just a little thing I'll have to get used to.
When rolling Hit Dice on rests on the sheet, are the amount of hit dice remaining supposed to automatically subtract from the total (it isn't for me)? Rogue, Level 6, shows 6/6d8 Hit Dice - I click the "d8", I get a hit dice roll/result, but total stays at 6.