Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D] [5e] [PAID] [18+] A Little Knowledge, A Dark Sun Adventure - Saturdays 7pm-12am EST Bi-Weekly - Survival in a brutal and unforgiving land

Edited 1579114001
This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $15 USD per 5 hour session every 2 weeks via Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. There will be no charge for Session 0 and a refund (minus Paypal Fees) will be offered if you do not wish to continue after session 1 Vital Stats System: D&amp;D 5e + Homebrew Setting: First Edition Dark Sun Boxed set, Converted to 5e (Pre Prisim Pentad for those who followed the old storyline) Schedule: Every Second Saturday 7pm-12am (EST) 19:00-00:00 (GMT-5) Starting with session 0 Jan 11th 2020 Cost: $15 per 5 Hour session, every two weeks, via Paypal Homebrew: Heavy Modifications, Races + Classes Modified, New Races (Mul (Half Dwarf/Human), Half-Giant, Thri-Kreen), New Class (Psion), Survival Rules, Slow Natural Healing, Slots: 1/6 remaining Chargen: 27 point buy, 2nd level, Time will be available during Session 0 if needed to create or finish characters. ***DISCLAIMER *** Dark Sun is a brutal and unforgiving setting that deals with serious and potentially disturbing issues, including but not limited to: Slavery, Racism, Class Discrimination, and Violence against innocents.&nbsp; For this reason this game is only open to players aged&nbsp; 18 years or over. A Little Knowledge I live in a world of fire and sand. The crimson sun scorches the life from anything that crawls or flies, and storms of sand scour the foliage from the barren ground. Lightning strikes from the cloudless sky, and peals of thunder roll unexplained across the vast tablelands. Even the wind, dry and searing as a kiln, can kill a man with thirst. This is a land of blood and dust, where tribes of feral elves sweep out of the salt plains to plunder lonely caravans, mysterious singing winds call men to slow suffocation in a Sea of Silt, and legions of slaves clash over a few bushels of moldering grain. The dragon despoils entire cities, while selfish kings squander their armies raising gaudy palaces and garish tombs. This is my home, Athas. It is an arid and bleak place, a wasteland with a handful of austere cities clinging precariously to a few scattered oases. It is a brutal and savage land, beset by political strife and monstrous abominations, where life is grim and short. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-An excerpt from The Wanderers Journal&nbsp; About the game I am looking for 4-6 players to venture into the deadly deserts of Athas.&nbsp; The game will be held every second week on Saturday evenings (7PM EST) and run for 5 hours with a 20 minute break at approximately half way through the session.&nbsp; I would like to start the campaign after the holidays with a tentative start date of Jan 11 2020. Welcome to Athas, brutal, unforgiving, deadly.&nbsp; A scorched wasteland of endless sand, stone, and silt.&nbsp; Yet despite the desolation, life clings precariously to the few remaining resources this savage world has to offer.&nbsp; Water is scarce and fiercely guarded by those who claim it as their own. Metal as well is rare, most tools, weapons and armor are made from stone, bone, obsidian or leather. Homebrew While we will be beginning this campaign with a 5e conversion of the adventure “A Little Knowledge” from the Original Dark Sun Boxed Set, it will continue into a homebrew campaign of my own design, molded by the backgrounds and choices of the characters. There will also be homebrew rules inserted into the typical 5e rule set in order to deal with issues either unique to Athas, or that need more detailed systems to properly capture the feeling and themes of the setting.&nbsp; These include but are not limited to Encumbrance and Carrying capacity Survival (water and food) Equipment degradation and upkeep Healing and Health Class and Race modifications Details of these changes will be discussed and a complete rules document will be distributed during session 0.&nbsp; If you have any specific questions about these rule changes/additions, feel free to PM me. From Humble Beginnings Our tale begins in the cargo hold of a Resherek Merchant House caravan travelling from Urik to Tyr. You are the cargo. The chamber is&nbsp; dark, hot and stagnant. Filled with the smells of suffering.&nbsp; Blood, sweat, and the unmistakable odor of a chamber pot left to simmer in the sweltering heat. Tight leather manacles wrap around your wrists and ankles.&nbsp; Bound by sturdy giants hair ropes that run through bone rings set into the walls, tied to something outside of the hold, making the knots inaccessible. The wagon moves at daybreak, an hour later guards deliver your daily meal, a thick, clumpy gruel and a quart of water.&nbsp; As the sun sets and the wagon stops for the night, they return with another quart of water before sealing you once again in your mobile prison.&nbsp; It's barely enough to survive, but as much as a slave can expect. For most, their tale ends here.&nbsp; An endless cycle of pain, labor and eventually the merciful release of death.&nbsp; But your tale is just beginning, clawing your way up from the deepest pit of hopelessness and despair.&nbsp; To become heroes, beacons of freedom and justice, a treasure greater than steel or water. About the GM &nbsp; Hello, My name is Andre, 38 Years old with over 25 years of experience playing a variety of tabletop RPGs.&nbsp; My love of Dungeons and Dragons began as a small child when I fell in love with the fantasy genre, reading the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, followed by the old D&amp;D novels (The Dark Elf Trilogy and the Dragonlance chronicles are the first two I remember) far before my reading comprehension was at a level to completely process them.&nbsp; I then was fascinated by the advertisements I would see in comic books for D&amp;D materials, but it wouldn't be until my early teens that I would have my first proper encounter with Dungeons and Dragons. &nbsp; Most of my experience with Dungeons and Dragons has been as a DM, at first through necessity (as someone had to run the games, and I was usually the one to get the games together) then through a genuine love for guiding my friends through a story of heroic deeds and nefarious plots.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; I do my best to bring the world to life through description and memorable NPC interactions.&nbsp; My voice acting definitely could use some improving, but a character is more than just a funny voice.&nbsp; Through mannerisms, word choice and cadence, I try to make my NPCs (both friendly and antagonistic) feel alive, and not just passive sources of plot hooks, gear or challenges.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Why Pay to Play? &nbsp; Running Dungeons and Dragons has been a passion of mine for many years.&nbsp; It has been and is a labor of love. But it is still a labor. By joining my game you can expect the following &nbsp; 1. A dedicated DM who will be ready at game time with all materials prepared, coffee in hand, and eager to get into the game &nbsp; 2. A responsive DM who is available outside of game time to respond to questions or comments as soon as possible (usually immediately unless I'm asleep or driving) &nbsp; 3. An understanding DM who is open to constructive criticism and will work with his players to create the type of adventure that YOU want to play &nbsp; 4. A complete Roll20 Experience, I am a Roll20 Pro subscriber with access to the complete feature set that Roll20 has to offer.&nbsp; And if there are any features, API scripts, or effects that I do not use currently that you would like, I am willing to put in the time and effort to learn them and integrate them into the game. &nbsp; 5. An Inclusive, welcoming environment to play D&amp;D.&nbsp; I do not allow any Racist, Sexist, Trans/Homophobic behavior at my table and will take any steps needed to ensure a safe space for all involved in my game.&nbsp; NOTE: I recognize that given the setting some of these themes may come up in the game. However the characters are meant to be heroes and above the evil tyrants that invoke these themes, I will do my best to ensure that these issues are presented in a way that shows them to be as despicable as they are, and will not accept any such behavior from or towards Players. &nbsp; Why I charge for my game &nbsp; I charge for my games to be able to commit the time needed to prepare and create the adventures that I have grown up loving.&nbsp; I will use the money earned to offset the costs of my Roll20 subscription and other assets I purchase to run the game (both physical and digital content I bring into the game), Internet costs as well as my time for both running the game (3 hour sessions) and preparing the game material (1 to 2 hours of prep needed for a session, including creating maps, encounters, NPC stats and personalities, and customizing the adventure to fit both the characters and players)&nbsp; If you would like to Join the game you can find the LFG listing here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/186159/a-little-knowledge" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/186159/a-little-knowledge</a> This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $15 USD per 5 hour session every 2 weeks via Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. There will be no charge for Session 0 and a refund (minus Paypal Fees) will be offered if you do not wish to continue after session 1
Great DM, unique setting. Worth the money!
Had a few new players join, Only 1 slot remaining