Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Brad Hughes said: Correct spelling errors on the GURPS char sheet. - Can be modifed by Brave, or Rule of 15. + Can be modified by Brave, or Rule of 15. -    HP, FP, Energery Reserve One, Two, and Three,<br /> +    HP, FP, Energy Reserve One, Two, and Three,<br /> -        Use the text box to enter the numbrer of character points used for Flight<br /> +        Use the text box to enter the number of character points used for Flight<br /> - <strong>Jet</strong>: shoots a continuous stream of fliud. See page 106. + <strong>Jet</strong>: shoots a continuous stream of fluid. See page 106. - <strong>Jet</strong>: shoots a continuous stream of fliud. See page 106. + <strong>Jet</strong>: shoots a continuous stream of fluid. See page 106. -     Reared collisioin = Faster object - slower object<br /> +     Rear end collision = Faster object - slower object<br /> Thanks Brad!
Suggestion: A fifth stat, like how there are two sections for Custom Pools. The points field would need to not actually increase the stat, since its cost could vary depending on what it is, and increasing it would mean spending the right number of points and then putting in the right modifier.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: Suggestion: A fifth stat, like how there are two sections for Custom Pools. The points field would need to not actually increase the stat, since its cost could vary depending on what it is, and increasing it would mean spending the right number of points and then putting in the right modifier. Nice idea Jared. We will see what we can do for you. Anyone else like this idea?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,  GURPS Version 2.0.0 has launched, there are a number of updates, please read the Updates notice. One important update is moving Appearance to the Bio/Misc tab. The Appearance drop-down no longer automatically assigns a point value. Instead, place the point cost for appearance into the appropriate advantage/disadvantage area. This will help with calculating totals based on what tool you used to create the original character. There's a new option that allows you to display the point summary as GCA, GCS, or Detailed formats. Hopefully, this will help when verifying point totals after copying a character into Roll20. Thank you to Mike W. and everyone else who has contributed with suggestions and fixes.
MadCoder and Mike - you guys did it again. All I can say here is wow. Love the new Point Summary options, already helped me. Linking of combat attacks to a skill or spell, a very welcomed function. Combat Tools is becoming very useful and the Grimoire keeps getting better and better I mean I really love the Default rules being in place for Success and Fails and Critical fails. I can't wait t see what you two guys will be doing next. One thing I did notice is there is a slight format issues in the Grimoire for the attribute 'Reason for Mod': It rakes up to line now. Other then that - wow guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Massive update! Wow, congrats! I really like it, all of it! The new Point Summary tools are going to help 200% of users, at least. Now if we could just get a tool to calculate rapid fire explosive cyclic corrosion damage hitting multiple targets with semi-ablative DR behind varying levels of partial cover that also has semi-ablative DR...
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tom S. and Valter! Mike W collected a lot of good feedback from a lot of people which helped a lot. Mike W. already caught a couple of display issues that will come after the Translation update.  Now if we could just get a tool to calculate rapid fire explosive cyclic corrosion damage hitting multiple targets with semi-ablative DR behind varying levels of partial cover that also has semi-ablative DR... All those would be great, especially rapid fire, and getting the success/fail difference. So far, it appears the only way to do that is to the API script, which means you have to be a paying member to take advantage of it.
Great work on V2.0!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you  Wayne V Both MadCoder and I appreciate your words and hope it makes things easier for and all others.
Love the new update. My only suggestion is to add sheets for mass combat or some of the other weird non-character sheets
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Grant K. said: Love the new update. My only suggestion is to add sheets for mass combat or some of the other weird non-character sheets Thanks Grant, that is on our list of things to do.  Ken
Hey there, love the work that's being done on the sheet as of late. I was wondering if there were any plans in the pipeline for improved Macro support with the sheet? I can't for the life of me figure out an effective way to create universal Token Macros to reference Attack and Defense Macros on the sheet at the moment in any useful way as a GM. Thanks again for the work ya'll are doing!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jacob S. said: Hey there, love the work that's being done on the sheet as of late. I was wondering if there were any plans in the pipeline for improved Macro support with the sheet? I can't for the life of me figure out an effective way to create universal Token Macros to reference Attack and Defense Macros on the sheet at the moment in any useful way as a GM. Thanks again for the work ya'll are doing! Hi Jacob S., can you explain what the macro should do? Also, if you hover the mouse over input fields, the attribute name will display, and if it's a repeating table, it will show the repeating section's name. thanks, Ken
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone, GURPS version 2.1.0 launched today. Grimoire Tab. Repeating Spells. Fix bug where Reason MOD text and input spanned two lines. General Tab. Update text for HP and FP alerts. If fatigued, ST is halved, added new field for ST display and use it with ST rolls. Combat Tab. Show alert message when dodge is halved or quartered. Combat Tab. Demolition tool. Add radius and distance from center. Add fragmentation row. Linked Attacks to skills or spells. On version update, ensure links are updated correctly. Fixed a couple of bugs with linking spells. Ken
Hello, One of my players has realized that the techniques part of skills doesn't seem to have a settable max right now. Was it just oversight, or is it not there for a reason currently? I'm guessing that there should be a way to link using the Row ID? Thanks
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Omega Tengu said: Hello, One of my players has realized that the techniques part of skills doesn't seem to have a settable max right now. Was it just oversight, or is it not there for a reason currently? I'm guessing that there should be a way to link using the Row ID? Thanks As noted on the sheet Updates, there is an error in the repeating section for Techniques which the original authors created. For now it is just a manual process but we are working on a solution which unfortunately has been in the works for a while. GURPS Techniques can be very complicated especially when the Technique does not use the same Attribute the associated Skill uses like Immediate Action. Rest assured we are working on a solution and tryign to make it as simple as possible. Mike W
Who goes first when you have the same speed is based on your DX. Could there be a checkbox next to Speed to toggle adding DX as a decimal to speed? Example shown, though perhaps making it start in the thousandths rather than the tenths would be better.

Edited 1580571916
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: Who goes first when you have the same speed is based on your DX. Could there be a checkbox next to Speed to toggle adding DX as a decimal to speed? Example shown, though perhaps making it start in the thousandths rather than the tenths would be better. First problem is what happens with a PC who has a Speed of 7.25 or 6.5 then adding a further decimal point? I have actually thought about this as well. Another tricky part if getting this to add into the Turn Order correctly (that adding issue with the macro is a little painful and not easy). ADDED 2//2020: We will probably make this an option, by default it doe snot add DX with the option to add the DX. We will look into it more. At one point we thought of adding the DX to the name but it did not work. Your idea is sound so we will probably ask the Pro forum for help on this one. We would want to do this One other problem is that we find many PCs with the same Speed usually have the same DX - something else we have to consider   ADDED 2//2020:   but that is a minor one. We also want to do this without using an API so it is available to all users. Thanks for reminding us and offering your suggestion. Mike W

Edited 1580851616
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: Who goes first when you have the same speed is based on your DX. Could there be a checkbox next to Speed to toggle adding DX as a decimal to speed? Example shown, though perhaps making it start in the thousandths rather than the tenths would be better. Jared I got it mostly figured out . As you can see it worked for the tie between Perkins and Dr Marsden however the tie still remains for Ben Uriel and Cpt Russell because their Speed and DX are identical. They still have to be adjusted manually by the GM. Does everyone like this? I need to work with MadCoder to try and get it into the PULL for this coming Tuesday. DONE Mike

Edited 1580851386
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI I just spotted an issue with the Grimoire regarding spells that are ON and/or Concentrated on . The issue is if you rapidly check those boxes, the formula messes up and you may end up with inaccurate Penalty totals. Then when you uncheck all boxes, you can end up with no spells ON or Concentrating yet the penalty can show -1 or more or even a POSITIVE number. To avoid this , until we fix it, slowly check each box one at a time - wait for the total to adjust before you check your next box This goes for unchecking the boxes as well. Mike W

Edited 1581049587
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 2.1.1  – PULL 02/04/2020 –  Successful Added and/pr modified several ToolTips – Cosmetic Only Updated alerts due to HP and/or FP loss in Red – Cosmetic Only Added ToolTips to ‘Reason for MOD’ with some examples – Cosmetic Only For a Skill like Fast Draw:  Added a title to the Speed button to remind you that you must select a Token first – Cosmetic Only Sorry, misspelled single (darn it), I can spell just fine - it is my fingers that can't.-lol Added missing macro name title for Current HP – Cosmetic Only When adding a new spell, it will now input 1 point automatically to avoid 0 point spells. Add to Turn Order macro for Initiative has been revised to help eliminate ties – Suggested by Jared (UserID: 1026445 ) Please note: This is a suggestion by Jared to add the PCs DX, as a decimal, to their Speed to generate a number that would help eliminate ties for Initiative. The only time it does not work is if 2 or more PCs have the exact same DX and Speed, then it will be up t the GM to decide. Mike W UPDATED to add image s.
Hey Mike, the Turn Order is a nice thing. I know the macro for entering Turn Order information is very limited, there are so many suggestions to Roll20 to change this, so I am glad you found a way to do it. You and MadCode, please keep up the great work.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tom, we appreciate it!
Nice touch adding the screen shots.
Tom S.✌❽ said: Nice touch adding the screen shots. My laziness approves! Now I don't need to join a game, wait for it load, open a sheet to look at the changes. =)

Edited 1581335285
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
In regards to: Mike W. said: FYI I just spotted an issue with the Grimoire regarding spells that are ON and/or Concentrated on . The issue is if you rapidly check those boxes, the formula messes up and you may end up with inaccurate Penalty totals. Then when you uncheck all boxes, you can end up with no spells ON or Concentrating yet the penalty can show -1 or more or even a POSITIVE number. To avoid this, until we fix it , slowly check each box one at a time - wait for the total to adjust before you check your next box This goes for unchecking the boxes as well. Mike W UPDATE 02/10/2020 : There is no fix to be made, this is just a limitation f the basic code used by Roll20. So as stated before:  Slowly check each box one at a time - wait for the total to adjust before you check your next box This goes for un-checking the boxes as well.

Edited 1581335349
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Grimoire Issue. UPDATE 02/10/2020 Regarding the functionality of the Grimoire and the slowness of the 'ON' and 'CT' functions. GiGs has provided us some new code, thank you so very much GiGs, that seems to alleviate this issue. I have passed this code along to MadeCoder and it will probably be to late for this Tuesday's PULL update but we should have it in on Feb 18 if all goes well. Mike
 It seems that the Revised Techniques point cost doesn't add up to the Point Summary:   So i need to add it manually, is it a bug?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Iguana said:  It seems that the Revised Techniques point cost doesn't add up to the Point Summary:   So i need to add it manually, is it a bug? Thanks Iguana! I totally missed that, I was concentrating on the table and forgot to update the totals for the new table.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello everyone One of the main things we want to revise is the Inventory to allow for Parent/Child linking to indicate items that are carried. The limitation we face is how that Table works (the internal code that is) - so we need your assistance. Long story short, we need you to place a vote in the Roll20 Suggestion forum. for the following suggestion. Nested Repeating Sections <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2942465/nested-repeating-sections" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2942465/nested-repeating-sections</a> So if you have vote left, please vote for this. Roll20 will not even address this until it has 200 votes. Thanks, Mike W
MadCoder said: Jacob S. said: Hey there, love the work that's being done on the sheet as of late. I was wondering if there were any plans in the pipeline for improved Macro support with the sheet? I can't for the life of me figure out an effective way to create universal Token Macros to reference Attack and Defense Macros on the sheet at the moment in any useful way as a GM. Thanks again for the work ya'll are doing! Hi Jacob S., can you explain what the macro should do? Also, if you hover the mouse over input fields, the attribute name will display, and if it's a repeating table, it will show the repeating section's name. thanks, Ken Sorry for the late response, and the problem I'm running into is the lack of universal sections for rolls within a character sheet for the purposes of Token Macros. Using them you can reference information in a character sheet for the purposes of rolls, IE in say 5e you can make a Macro to roll a generic Melee attack off of a Sheet and referencing the values that go into the roll (BaB, Strength and so on.) When you set it up that way, you only need a single macro for every Token rather than individual ones for each Token itself. &nbsp;The Current sheet right now unfortunately doesn't have any "Universal Attributes" where I can put in a roll or set of rolls to then reference in a Macro, since each attack entry has a unique name tied to it (unless I'm missing something.)&nbsp; Functionally, I'm trying to set it up so I can have an easy to access macro as a GM to roll "Melee Attack 1" and "Melee Attack 2" and so on as quick reference Token Macros, instead of switching between a load of NPC character sheets mid game for statlines. Thank you!
Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, but is there any way to import character sheets from GCS into this Roll20 character sheet? The various links on the subject I have found are all out of date, and the links to a file conversion tool doesn't work any more.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Wayne you are in the right place! Currently there is no import feature for the GURPS character sheet from GCS nor GCA. There was, some years ago, an attempt for a GCS importer but it was only partially functional and never further developed. Sadly the author of the importer and the author of yhe sheet are long gone. MadCode and I have looked at this feature and due to the complexity of GURPS, the way many Advantages work, the way GCS and GCA both store this information is so complex that we have no plans at this time for an importer.. We are, however, willing to work with anyone with the appropriate skills, time (and we do mean time), and the energy that will be needed to do this. Our only requirement is that they would need to design an separate importer for both GCS and GCA Mike W

Edited 1582018220
Thanks Mike. At least I can stop searching for a solution now. Regards, Wayne

Edited 1582049201
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 2.2.1 &nbsp;– PULL 02/18/2020 –&nbsp; Successful Adjusted the field widths for Techniques (Revised) and Parent Attributes – Cosmetic only. Added new function of ‘Dodge and Drop’ to default Active Defenses. Techniques Table Revised. Points spent on techniques are now totaled correctly. NOTE: When transferring techniques to the revised table, be sure to delete the old techniques, otherwise the total will be wrong. Techniques Table Revised. Fix bug where Modifier was not added to the final Technique Skill Level. Quirks/Perks Bugfix. Adding a row did not total the quirks/perks correctly. &nbsp; Repeating Spells, quickly clicking checkboxes prevented correct totals. Using new code provided by GiGs to improve speed. Many ToolTips updated or added. Some slight format changes – Cosmetic Only. Added a Defense Bonus (DB) Notes box to the Active Defense section. Please note: The Revised Techniques table is still not 100%. Techniques that default to a skill but use a different attribute than the skill uses, cannot be set yet. For example: Immediate Acton Pistol defaults to Guns (Pistol) but uses IQ instead of DX which s what Guns (Pistol) uses. Agh! Yes again misspelling have crept in and we missed them. Thankfully it s not on the sheet itself and does not affect any functionality. It is just within the announcements, updates and some ToolTips. Rest assured we will fight these beasts, hunt them down and break their habits, and generally spend more time checking our work. I need to get a better ‘speel claker’ and do something about this. My bad. Mike W
I haven't had the time to check the new Technique tables, but Friday is approaching and I have a character with a few techniques that should do the trick.

Edited 1582172069
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter said: I haven't had the time to check the new Technique tables, but Friday is approaching and I have a character with a few techniques that should do the trick. That is great Valter. It is not perfect yet as those Techniques that use a different attribute than the Parent skill have to be addressed. Also the Max value should not be a hard coded number but rather a selection of Skill-4 though Skill+4 , so it can calculate the maximum value without the player having to adjust it as they raise the Parent skill level. You input would be greatly appreciated. Mike

Edited 1583258910
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 2.2.3 &nbsp;– PULL 03/03/2020 –&nbsp; Successful &nbsp;Added some new ToolTips – Cosmetic Only. Changed width of Weapon and Damage Notes fields, under Melee and Raged Attacks, to be more readable – Cosmetic Only &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; First. I am sorry there were so few updates to report this time, these last 2 weeks have been very 'Life' busy both for myself and MadCoder. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Second &nbsp;a note about the Weapon and Damage Note fields. Originally these were made to be the width to closely match that of the default width of the Chat area. Thus you could enter your information here and see how it would appear, at least approximately, in the Chat. That worked. however I later discovered that you could actually put Macros here as well. Doing so was great but it because of the restricted width, it was hard to write and test the Macro without first copying and pasting back and forth from an editor like Notepad. So because of this, and the fact that the narrow Chat version of the fields looked unbalanced and wasted a lot of space on the character sheet, we decided to make them much wider as you can see above. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is an example of a Macro I use for an attack giving me the option to use the Counterattack Technique with my attack. The Macro: Using **Counterattack Technique**? **?{Using Counterattack?|NO|YES**: Foe is at **-2 to Parry** or at **-1 to Block or Dodge}**. [Bastard Sword]( <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/83095967/FiJVc1nRyuVeSoiHskv_nw/med.png" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/83095967/FiJVc1nRyuVeSoiHskv_nw/med.png</a> ) ⛓**Note: On lanyard chain**⛓ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Clicking the Attack Macro results in a&nbsp; quick Query: for which I select 'Yes': &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Then the Chat shows: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Here you can see my character, Azik, attacks using the Counterattack Technique with a skill of 22, (yes I bought it all the way up to my actual skill level with a Two-Handed sword). I hit, and it shows the effect on my Target, plus it also shows an image of my sword. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware that you can use Macros in these types of fields. Same as with the Spell and Skills fields. Experiment and enjoy. Mike W.
I didn't know you could put images there... this gives me ideas =) Thanks for another cool update and info!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
You are welcome Valter.
Old school GURPS player.&nbsp; Looking at R20 for two reasons, I finally need a VTT, and because your sheet exists.&nbsp; Will take a look.&nbsp; You have my thanks and support.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey KalelChase welcome aboard and thanks for the comment.
I love the tooltips when I hover over all the fields.&nbsp; That is an amazing help to be able to read about each item.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you for the complement Omegaman.
There are what appear to be unused checkboxes in the Skills tab next to every skill. Could those perhaps be set to make the roll visible *only* to the GM, not even to the player who rolled it?

Edited 1584923981
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
That checkbox highlights the entire skill. Try it an see. It is also for Spells and Comabt attacks. Mike W
I am interested in purchasing some macro and api work specifically for this sheet.&nbsp; I have several abilities tab chat menus that I use for D&amp;D5E and I would like to learn how to build them for this sheet.&nbsp; Many of the items would not be useful but many others would.&nbsp; I do not have the ability to build them or alter them very well.&nbsp; I would like to have someone build at least one so that I have something functional which I can then copy paste and add my own items. If you would like to give this a shot, please reach out to me so we can discuss how difficult it may be and pricing.&nbsp; omegaman#2084&nbsp; discord

Edited 1585071430
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Omegaman said: I am interested in purchasing some macro and api work specifically for this sheet.&nbsp; I have several abilities tab chat menus that I use for D&amp;D5E and I would like to learn how to build them for this sheet.&nbsp; Many of the items would not be useful but many others would.&nbsp; I do not have the ability to build them or alter them very well.&nbsp; I would like to have someone build at least one so that I have something functional which I can then copy paste and add my own items. If you would like to give this a shot, please reach out to me so we can discuss how difficult it may be and pricing.&nbsp; omegaman#2084&nbsp; discord Sorry&nbsp; Omegaman &nbsp;we are not the right people&nbsp;for that. Neither myself nor MadCoder do API scripting. I suggest you make your request for API scripting in that specific forum. As far as Macros, we are very basic at that but there are so many others out there that can do this work. Sorry we could not help you out much. Mike W
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 2.2.4 &nbsp;– PULL 03/24/2020 –&nbsp; Successful Fixed the placement of some ToolTips – Cosmetic Only For Example: Changed the Vitals DR default value to “See Torso”. This will NOT override current entry.&nbsp; &nbsp; Added a Title to the Highlight Row Checkboxes to indicate what the checkbox is for. Inspired by Jared (UserID: 1026445) – Cosmetic Only. Mike W

Edited 1585089961
Deleting a hit location doesn't stick. Once you close the sheet, it repopulates.