Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forbidden Lands sheet beta

Thank you! That will do. I'll bet that will keep me busy a long time... :)

Edited 1573575031
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why is there a name and a character_name key with the same value? Calle, the structure of the rolltemplate is in the html file, not the css. do a search for rolltemplate .

Edited 1573576912
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
On my cell... The name is hyperlinked in the template to open your sheet from chat. Name can be anything. I'll post more detail tonight.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: On my cell... The name is hyperlinked in the template to open your sheet from chat. Name can be anything. I'll post more detail tonight. Cool. I actually didnt know you could do that. 
GiGs said: Calle, the structure of the rolltemplate is in the html file, not the css. do a search for rolltemplate . Oh, my mistake. I guess I misunderstood the wiki... Thank you for the clarification.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Calle E. said: GiGs said: Calle, the structure of the rolltemplate is in the html file, not the css. do a search for rolltemplate . Oh, my mistake. I guess I misunderstood the wiki... Thank you for the clarification. Honestly, it might not be any easier to read. Its probably best to wait till Vince can describe how the rolltemplate works - but you can also do a roll from the character sheet, put your cursor in chat, click the up arrow, and it will show the last roll made. That might help you see how to use the rolltemplate.
Well, I got the template working in a macro at least. Now my nested macros shows in a frame looking like it belongs to FBL, not the default template...  Cheers!
Wes
Sheet Author
Yeah, that roll template has a lot of {{key=show this roll}} which is populated by the sheet workers. Delving to deep into Macros wont be easy considering action buttons are used to setup the dice pools.
Wes
Sheet Author
Thinking about it some. I actually simplified the Roll Template on the Alien Sheet (Same-ish System) so that it doesn't have all those setting up a dice pool with action buttons, and checkbox attributes. As a trade off it does have a Query for Modifiers or amount of dice to roll though.
Well, for now, the template with the frame is enough for me just to present the output of macros or rollable tables in the chat. Haven’t tinkered with the dices yet... Oh, and sorry for talking templates and macros on the character sheet forum thread but I considered the templates linked. Is this the wrong place for this kind of post? And where do we discuss this otherwise?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E. said: Well, for now, the template with the frame is enough for me just to present the output of macros or rollable tables in the chat. Haven’t tinkered with the dices yet... Oh, and sorry for talking templates and macros on the character sheet forum thread but I considered the templates linked. Is this the wrong place for this kind of post? And where do we discuss this otherwise? No worries Calle.  I think this is the best place for discussing anything related to the Forbidden Lands character sheet, which includes the roll template. ;-) Wes is correct that the majority of the roll template is based on handling the dice pool system.  I'll be sure to follow up with a more detailed description of the defined keys used in the sheet's roll template ie   &{template:forbiddenlands} 

Edited 1573630332
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands roll template info &{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} - Text displayed in the left half of the header banner. You could put any text here. {{character_id=@{character_id}}}  - used in conjunction with {{character_name}} to create a hyper-link that opens the character's sheet. {{name}} - text displayed in the header banner(right half) {{name_link}} - URL used in conjunction with {{name}} to create a hyper-link that opens URL in a new tab. {{subtitle}} - text displayed directly under header banner, center-aligned. {{weapon-bonus}} - Bonus:<text displayed here> {{weapon-damage}} - Damage:<text displayed here> {{weapon-range}} - Range:<text displayed here> {{weapon-features}} - Features:<text displayed here> {{attack-features}} - ( <text displayed here> ) {{attack-description}} - left-aligned text {{spell-rank}} - Rank:<text displayed here> {{spell-willpower}} - Willpower:<text displayed here> {{spell-range}} - Range:<text displayed here> {{spell-duration}} - Duration:<text displayed here> {{spell-ingredients}} - Ingredients:<text displayed here> {{spell-description}} - left-aligned text. Long passages will scroll. {{free-text}} - left-aligned text. Long passages will scroll. {{footer}} - left-aligned text with text displayed at the bottom of the roll template. {{<text>}} - any key not defined in the roll template will be displayed as key(left column) and it's value(right column). Similar to the default template. note: I didn't include any of the dice pool logic since it contains a crazy number of defined keys to handle each type of dice(base, skill, gear, artifact) as well as each die up to the maximum number that can rolled within the template (12 base, 10 skill, 3 negative, 12 gear, 2 mighty, 1 epic, 1 legendary)  Plus, I'm not really sure how it would be beneficial to use within a macro. 
Wow! Thanks for the info. It feels like I’ll have enough to keep me occupied for a while now... Plan to set a few hours aside this weekend to tinker a bit with this. Great! Weekend is saved! 😄
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just reporting an issue... Clicking the Sword button displays "false - Longsword" instead of "Melee - Longsword." I also tried selecting Melee + Longsword and doing that displays Melee but then it's replaced by false - Longsword.
Finderski said: Just reporting an issue... Clicking the Sword button displays "false - Longsword" instead of "Melee - Longsword." I also tried selecting Melee + Longsword and doing that displays Melee but then it's replaced by false - Longsword. Yes, I have the same problem.  Problem due to language translation file seems to have been fixed though.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Also, seems that Food and water reset (perhaps all consumables did for some reason)?  And when rolling for consumables with the roll template, the translation file seems to be missing an entry for consumable

Edited 1573919883
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very sorry. ;-(  I noticed it yesterday as well.  For some reason the translation file seemed to be off(not updated...) from what I had been using in beta even though I submitted all three files(I could have made a github snafu...).   It is corrected in beta and will be in the next update. EDIT/UPDATE: these were some translation changes I made in the sheetworker and I was editing the sheetworker script separately.  I believe I accidentally copied an older version of my script over the newer code by accident.  Fixed in the current beta and will be in the next update.  
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Very sorry. ;-(  I noticed it yesterday as well.  For some reason the translation file seemed to be off(not updated...) from what I had been using in beta.  It is corrected in beta and will be in the next update. No worries, still love the sheet and isn't impacting our ability to play. :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just a reminder; you can get the latest beta code here for custom games.&nbsp; It's "usually" very stable at this point. html:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e64ae375dce06b9087f2cf040f9e2556" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e64ae375dce06b9087f2cf040f9e2556</a> css:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/b4c5f8e4c968ae3e43948390b33cf2bd" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/b4c5f8e4c968ae3e43948390b33cf2bd</a> translation:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/115a262f5d0dfadc49fd7b73d6e8acce" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/115a262f5d0dfadc49fd7b73d6e8acce</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For those noticing issues, does the Push button menu load properly for you? I created a campaign using the code from github (and I am not using the API script), and noticed this just displays false and an input box, not a select menu. Looking at the code, this looks like another translation-related issue.
So, I've been building a few nested macros and that got me thinking. I find it a bit immersion breaking every time I got to flip through the books, that's why I try to build a lot of the generators into nested macros. I have a problem with the weapon, armor and equipment pages of the book though. Rolling dice pool from a mook character sheet is a bit troublesome because of the mook sheet doesn't lover attributes when they are lowered on the token. Otherwise you could've sorted that out by having a lot of macros (one for each weapon or attacking technique open to that creature) on the mook sheet and make them "token macros" and roll them from the battle map. So, now I'm trying to get the characteristics of each weapon easily accessible when gaming online. I have copied the statsblock into a journal and have that journal linked to in my "rules-go-to" journal. It still requires me to find the journal and clicking down to the right entry each time. Faster than flipping through the books though, but I feel this could have been done even more efficiently. I would love to have the weapons as a token macro for the mook. Does anyone know if it would be possible to build a macro, displaying the information of a weapon inside the FBL template? What would that macro look like?&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GiGs said: For those noticing issues, does the Push button menu load properly for you? I created a campaign using the code from github (and I am not using the API script), and noticed this just displays false and an input box, not a select menu. Looking at the code, this looks like another translation-related issue. The Push query is also translated within the sheet worker.&nbsp; I accidentally copied over some of my sheetworker edits within the html sheet and did not realize until after the PR was merged.&nbsp; Very sorry.&nbsp; It is fixed in the current beta code (links can be found a few posts up and at the top of the thread)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I recognised it was a translation related error, but thought it was weird since I copied it direct from github. But I saw it was working fine in this beta campaign, so wondered how it happened. That explains it :)&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Calle you should be able to pull attribute values by selecting a mook's token.&nbsp; example &amp;{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=Weapon Detail}} {{subtitle=@{selected|current_preset}}} {{free-text}} {{footer}} {{weapon-bonus=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_bonus}}} {{weapon-damage=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_damage}}} {{weapon-range=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_range}}} {{weapon-features=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_features}}} Note: weapons are a repeating section, like all repeating sections, you must provide the row# or rowID in your token macros to pull the appropriate values.&nbsp; So if you hover over the weapon's name field on the sheet, you'll see the attribute is named @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapon_name}. Substitute the row# or rowID for X.&nbsp; Row numbers start at "0" and are locked to that row even if you re-arrange your repeating entries.&nbsp; Using rowID is better since it will stick with that entry regardless of it's physical position in the list of repeating entries.&nbsp; Currently the only way to grab the rowID from an entry is to inspect the element within the browser.&nbsp; I can see about including a rowID on the sheet for repeating entries if we think it's worthwhile.
Thank you Vince! That got me started. Now, all I need is lots and lots of hours to write all those macros for my npc/mook sheets.&nbsp; Cheers!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.55 update #5688 - fixed missing sheetworker translation code(weapon, spell, push query, etc.) - optimized sheetworker code(Thank you GiGs). - small adjustments to the roll template's layout.
I have a problem. When I roll the Base Dies the program rolls a lot of dies instead the correct pool.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just got home from being out of town... I'll have a look ASAP and fix any issues.

Edited 1574647000
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
SephBlade said: I have a problem. When I roll the Base Dies the program rolls a lot of dies instead the correct pool. I'm not able to replicate this issue... (although I did catch a different bug that caps the number of rolled Base dice to 6... which I'll fix in the next update) So, just trying to replicate the problem you're experiencing so I can fix it.&nbsp; If you manually enter "1" for Base dice in the dice pool and roll, are you getting more than one base dice rolled in chat? This is the normal roll template and not API Dice, correct?&nbsp; Any additional info you can pass on to help me replicate the additional Base dice is appreciated. Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ikeo sent me a pm saying the extra base are only happening on new sheets... That will help me solve the issue.&nbsp; I'm currently working, so I'm not sure I can get a fix in before they run this week's pull requests, but I will try.

Edited 1576482728
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.57 update&nbsp; #5737 Known Issue: &nbsp;Strength entered on the Monster tab(up to 48) is also be shared on the Character tab. This effects strength-based skills, carry, weapons, etc. on the Character tab. If the sheet is a monster, use the Monster tab only . If the sheet is a character, use the Character tab only . If you must use both the Character and Monster tabs, simply adjust your dice pools accordingly. This will be addressed in the next sheet update. "Dice Only" tab has been removed.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Monster skills that are "strength-based" now have their own attributes on the monster tab's listed skills. (crafting_monster, endurance_monster melee_monster, and might_monster) This will allow the GM to enter a value 0-12 of base dice that will be used to update the dice pool when selected. Added additional damage tracking (toggleable feature &amp;#9658;) for Monster's up to Strength 48.&nbsp;&nbsp; Here be Dragons... Max values for primary attributes are equal to the primary attribute value(auto-calculated). ie strength_tolal_max = strength. This can be useful for tracking the current attribute value using a token bar/bubble. Example; linking strength_total will use the max value of strength_total|max.

Edited 1578296593
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
&nbsp;made a few changes/updates to the sheet if anyone would like to check it out in the beta game &nbsp;in advance of next week's updates. &nbsp;added a Settings tab. You'll find the newly added whisper options here. &nbsp;added global whisper options for the sheet as well as the API roller (@{whisper_option} and @{whisper_option_api}). &nbsp;added a "Parry" roll(dice pool preset) to repeating weapons.&nbsp; Currently this will allow a Parry roll, regardless if the weapon actually has the "Parry" feature.&nbsp; Not really sure if it's necessary, but I may add a method to check if parry feature exists to reveal the parry roll button if present.&nbsp; added a Pride roll that rolls a Legendary d12 and displays the character's pride. added&nbsp; borders/backgrounds similar to the Forbidden Lands style/theme.&nbsp; Nothing too crazy, but I'm still playing around with this. Please make sure I didn't break anything.&nbsp; ;-)&nbsp; Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.58 update pull request&nbsp; #5775 added a Settings tab. added global whisper options for the sheet as well as the API roller (@{whisper_option} and @{whisper_option_api}). added a "Parry" roll(dice pool preset) to repeating weapons. added a Pride roll that rolls a Legendary d12 and displays the character's pride. added/updated borders/backgrounds similar to the Forbidden Lands style/theme. added title text to each condition. fixed a bug in the "Clear Dice Pool" that sometimes left dice in the pool. updated preview image of the sheet used for selecting a sheet templates.
Nice! Thank you for doing this. I'll be sure to get some testing done soon.&nbsp; In the mean time, I have a question: So, a few of my players have started to stock up on talents and we realize, over and over, we forget to include bonus dice from them in the heat of the moment. Especially me, with my NPCs!!! Would it be possible to have a column next to the "level" column on the "skills" section where you could tick a box for the talent bonus which would include the +1D6 and/or the +1D8 depending on the talent/level of talents? Perhaps you could name how many dice are supposed to be there since some talents affect the same skill. Thus, when pressing the skill button to set the dice pool the talent bonus would be automatically included or otherwise asked for/reminded of. And the corresponding column to the "weapons" section as well since some talents affect only the specific weapons, not "melee"/"marksmanship" skills? I've tried over and over to come up with the right formula to include the +1/+1D8 in a macro but just don't seem to get it right. Has someone else a macro that would solve this if the change to the sheet wouldn't be possible? What line do I put after the ordinary skill roll to include another red dice and/or a D8? Thanks!
So, one thing I found was that the "shove" and "parry" button by the shield doesn't seem to get the attributes or skill dice and add them to the pool. Only gear dice does update when I try them.&nbsp; The pride dice was a nice feat but when rolled, the template shows somewhat different than the others. A minor difference, purely on the cosmetic side, but I just wanted to give you a heads up if this wasn't intended. See screenshot below. Other templates has "dice Pool" written in the header while the pride roll has, well, "Pride Roll". Pride roll has a " " where other rolls display the name of the roll being executed. Other than that, the whisper query works beautifully!!! Nice feature! Good job!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Calle.&nbsp; I'll see what I can add for talent bonuses.&nbsp; And I'll figure out the issues you mentioned tonight after work and get it patched. Cheers

Edited 1578440854
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Had a quick look.&nbsp; The Pride roll looks funny because there wasn't anything on the sheet written in the pride textarea field.&nbsp; Add something for pride and it will show between the quotes in the output.&nbsp; I may remove the footer labels on reputation and pride rolls since they don't really use base, skill, or gear dice...&nbsp; Their "outliers".&nbsp; ;-)&nbsp; And I'll see if I can hide the quotes in the roll template if nothing has been written for pride. I found my mistake in the Parry and Shove calc.&nbsp; This is fixed in beta and will be included with the next sheet update.&nbsp; Maybe have another look on the beta and double-check it's correct. Thanks for testing Calle.
No worries mate. The least one can do after all the work you do for us, making and up dating this sheet! Keep up the good work!

Edited 1578447387
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E. said: Nice! Thank you for doing this. I'll be sure to get some testing done soon.&nbsp; In the mean time, I have a question: So, a few of my players have started to stock up on talents and we realize, over and over, we forget to include bonus dice from them in the heat of the moment. Especially me, with my NPCs!!! Would it be possible to have a column next to the "level" column on the "skills" section where you could tick a box for the talent bonus which would include the +1D6 and/or the +1D8 depending on the talent/level of talents? Perhaps you could name how many dice are supposed to be there since some talents affect the same skill. Thus, when pressing the skill button to set the dice pool the talent bonus would be automatically included or otherwise asked for/reminded of. And the corresponding column to the "weapons" section as well since some talents affect only the specific weapons, not "melee"/"marksmanship" skills? I've tried over and over to come up with the right formula to include the +1/+1D8 in a macro but just don't seem to get it right. Has someone else a macro that would solve this if the change to the sheet wouldn't be possible? What line do I put after the ordinary skill roll to include another red dice and/or a D8? Thanks! You can either include "1" directly {{artifact-die-eight=[[ 1 ]] }} {{artifact-roll-eight=[[1d8]] }} or maybe use a query to add the artifact die. {{artifact-die-eight=[[ ?{Include a d8?|no,0 |yes, 1} ]] }} {{artifact-roll-eight=[[1d8]] }} Note that you should either include these custom roll template key=value changes at the end of your custom macro (roll templates only use the last defined key if the macro includes a key multiple times) or substitute the default attribute "@{selected|artifact_die_eight}" and/or key/value pair. {{artifact-die-eight=[[ @{selected|artifact_die_eight}]] }} {{artifact-roll-eight=[[1d8]] }}&nbsp; I might even add a query option (like whispers) so that you can include additional dice to the pool if needed after hitting the roll button...
Thank you! I can see I still have a bit to learn about writing macros but I'll give it a try tonight. Can you add a query option to every skill/weapon? So you check a box to the specific skill/weapon you want to ask wether or not to include X number of bonus D6 or Y number of D8? That would be a nice feat.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E. said: Thank you! I can see I still have a bit to learn about writing macros but I'll give it a try tonight. Can you add a query option to every skill/weapon? So you check a box to the specific skill/weapon you want to ask wether or not to include X number of bonus D6 or Y number of D8? That would be a nice feat.&nbsp; The roll template used to handle the dice pool is HUGE and rather rigid in how you can interact with it.&nbsp; While it's a powerful feature for character sheets, I find it's not as "flexible" for rpg's the utilize a dice pool mechanic...&nbsp; Each type and # of dice rolled is defined for the roll template in order to display the proper dice image.&nbsp; I believe Wes came up with another method for the Alien sheet(another MY0 system) that streamlines the roll template by using queries.&nbsp; I haven't had time to dig into it, but that may be a better method for handling the sheet's dice pool. I may be able to add an Optional query for bonus dice (not everyone appreciates being prompted on every roll...), but I'll need to do some testing.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v1.59 small update pull req:&nbsp; #5792 &nbsp;- Fixed Shield Parry and Shove bug. (thanks Calle) &nbsp;- Changed weapon Max bonus to a selector 0-12. Reminder that this is the weapon's undamaged bonus. Adjust weapon Bonus to account for a broken state. FYI: I'm currently working on adding misc modifiers and artifact dice to weapons (attack and damage), skills , armor and shield .&nbsp; This should handle just about any dice pool combo without having to adjust your pool before rolling.&nbsp; Of course, you will still be able to override any preset pool as needed.&nbsp; Stay tuned.

Edited 1579151681
Wes
Sheet Author
Great Work Vince! You're gonna need a new project for 2020! *edit - forgot English and typed your...
I really like the whisper GM/ask to whisper setting you've added! Great work. But it seems something has happened since one of the later updates. Not sure it happened during this last one. I have a problem getting the correct result back from one of my macros. (assuming I didn't write it wrong.)&nbsp; So, I've had this macro on my NPC tokens to whisper the characters weapons and relevant stats back to me during play. It gave me the relevant info during combat without having to look things up in the books. But now, it seems the information on weapon_bonus, weapon_range and weapon_damage is left out. I only get the info on melee skill and weapon_feature. Has something been altered there lately? The macro (Pretty much the one you wrote in an earlier post) /w gm &amp;{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_name}}}{{subtitle=Melee = @{melee}}} {{free-text}} {{footer}} {{weapon-bonus=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_bonus}}} {{weapon-damage=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_damage}}} {{weapon-range=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_range}}} {{weapon-features=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_features}}}

Edited 1579678188
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry about that Calle.&nbsp; I made a change to the attack portion of the roll template to hide those areas unless a roll was included.&nbsp; I wasn't considering if someone wanted to display individual weapon attributes without the attack roll/parry roll. If you simply want to display some weapon attribute values (or any attributes for that matter)&nbsp;using the forbiddenlands template, you could do something like; /w gm &amp;{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_name}}} {{subtitle=Melee = @{selected|melee}}} {{footer}} {{free-text}} {{Bonus= @{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_bonus}}} {{Damage=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_damage}}} {{Range=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_range}}} {{Features=@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapon_features}}} I'll revisit the changes I made and see if there's a better approach that works whether or not the attack roll is included.
Ok, thank you for looking into this. I guess I can rewrite my macros according to the new formula but since I've got... quite a few of them, I think I'll wait till you've got the time to look into it. So, there's no problem running a game or so, just a macro of convenience. If you got the time, I'd appreciate it. If you don't, I will rewrite them eventually. Thanks for all your work!&nbsp;

Edited 1579729361
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Calle, don't change anything I'm going to adjust the roll template so it will work like it did before.&nbsp; I've added a few other keys to the roll template as well and I'll post those once I'm finalized.
Nice Vince! Thank you for posting.

Edited 1579967175
We're about to start up a FL campaign and the sheet rocks! One note - consumables don't seem tracked for encumbrance (phb 38)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TheBWT said: We're about to start up a FL campaign and the sheet rocks! One note - consumables don't seem tracked for encumbrance (phb 38) Glad you're enjoying the sheet.&nbsp; I'm still working on improvements... so it should get even better. Currently you'll need to add any consumable as a line item in your gear in order for them to be included in encumbrance.&nbsp; I'm still learning the mechanics of this great rpg, so I purposely made attributes and calculations as broad as possible for flexability. How do you foresee a consumable's weight should be tracked?&nbsp; Also,&nbsp; does each die of a consumable count as a 'normal' weight?&nbsp; ie d6=1 normal, while a d12 = 3 normal . Cheers.