Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Right Margin / Stretching Effect

Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
I've been hitting one last small problem with my character sheets that are driving me crazy, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I noticed that when you open a handout by default, there's about 900 pixels of free space.  However, whenever a sheet pushes around 200 pixels from the right border of the page, it begins pushing everything to the left of it together (the further left, the more pronounced the effect). I don't want to leave a chunk of dead space on the right hand of the sheet, and I don't want to cramp everything by filling it.  When I stretch the page, it stretches back out to look like it does in Dreamweaver; but I want to utilize the handout space without having to stretch the window. Does anyone have any idea if there's a way to lock the sheet so it never stretches, or at least prevent this issue?  I can provide screenshots of it if I've done a bad job of explaining the problem. Thanks!

Edited 1579778829
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Provide screenshots and sourcecode. It's pretty hard for us to help you to fix your car if we can't look under the hood and see the engine itself. You should set a fixed with on your character sheet to prevent it from stretching when you change the size of the char sheet window. As you aren't a Pro-member, who are you reviewing any changes made to character sheets? Do you have a friend who maintains a test game for you? If you work in Dreamweaver, remember that Roll20 have bunch of unique parts that makes it harder to know how a sheet looks/functions when viewed outside Roll20. Building Character Sheets contains lot of this relevant info.
Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
I don't understand why it's happening.  Any attempt to add any content to the right pushes things further inward, no matter how much space I have to work with.

Edited 1579779520
Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Oh, yeah, I'm developing the sheet on a my Pro account which is separate from this account.  Apologies. What part of the source code should I post?  The whole thing?  (It's only about 350 lines as I'm currently rebuilding the sheet from my first draft).  It's as if there's a huge right hand side margin taking up invisible space.
Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Here's just an example; by deleting the Condition section, the spacing has improved across the rest of the columns.  Given how much free space there is, I'm really not sure why adding more to it is vastly pushing everything inward.

Edited 1579782961
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
share the whole code in a github gist or pastebin , and mention which rows are likely most relevant to the problem. Cant really comment on the problem, it's depend entirely on what framework you use to layout the sheet, whether it's html tables, CSS Flex, CSS grid, Roll20's custom row/column classes, or something else. Did you create your sheet from scratch, or did you use an existing sheet as a template? Edit: Oh and I've already spent time I don't have here so you'll have to wait to get help from someone else this week.