Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Keeping Additional Die Results From an Exploding Die

I'm sure there's a lot dice macro questions bandied about here all the time, but here's another one for you all! :) I'm making a campaign for Corporia and made a die macro for it to give to my players to use which I thought worked, but by sheer fluke I was screwing around with it this morning and saw a flaw. So the way the game works involves rolling 2d6 and keeping the highest for your result. Also, the individual dice are exploding, so it could be possible to roll say 2 and 6+3 so the result would be 9, or roll 1 and 4 so the result would be 4. The macro I had used 2d6!k1 but I just noticed that if I get an exploding die, it treats all of those as separate dice and doesn't "keep" them. In the example I rolled it came up with a ridiculous roll of 2, 6+6+6+3 which *should* have been a result of 21, but it showed as 6. Is there any die roll nomenclature that would work with this system or am I just better off telling everyone to keep it as is but watch for 6's manually (since they can still see the dice rolled at least)?
I believe that if you use two exclamation marks (2d6!!k1) that will get what you need.
That did it! Thank you.