Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help Request on how to Laser fire FX macro for Star Wars RPG

Edited 1580846884
Hello  Developer folks! I need some guidance on how to modify or make a custom FX macro for my game.  I want it to behave like the BEAM FX but be a series of blaster shots. i would like to have it use Fire for red and acid for green shots. I want to look like dashes originating form one point ending at another... you know.. "Pew-Pew"..like the image below. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I tried searching for a Roll20 code breakdown for it so i know what each element was but could not find it. Of course i find the wiki right after posting this!
After looking over the Wiki, and playing with the tool. Is it only particle effects?? Are there additional functions that can be added to the code for more control over the visual appearance? Also what is the behavior of 'random'??? How do i cause the particles to originate from a singular point? When i use the macro I played with im generating 5 particles but they seem to spawn randomly around my start point.
Hi Scott, Try this and see what you think. ( Not my work, found it online ) { "angle": -1, "angleRandom": 0, "duration": 15, "emissionRate": 60000, "endColour": [5, 5, 25, 0], "endColourRandom": [0, 0, 0, 0], "lifeSpan": 20, "lifeSpanRandom": 0, "maxParticles": 3000, "size": 1, "sizeRandom": 0, "speed": 175, "speedRandom": 22, "startColour": [100, 5, 5, 20.5], "startColourRandom": [0, 0, 0, 0.25] }
Thank you! That really helps alot. I'm understanding its behavior more now that i see some of the values used.  I created this one using the above concept. { "angle": -1, "angleRandom": 0, "duration": 20, "emissionRate": 15, "endColour": [255, 0, 0, 1], "gravity": {"x":0.01, "y":0.01}, "lifeSpan": 20, "lifeSpanRandom": 1, "maxParticles": 15, "size": 20, "sizeRandom": 1, "speed": 40, "speedRandom": 15, "startColour": [255, 0, 0, 1] }
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The FX Library have two laser bolt FX examples, the original made by The Aaron, and then my slightly more compact version based on The Aaron's. Doesn't seem to be the same as the one Raveknight posted.