Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Saving Text Area information?

Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Recently I was trying to add a few Textarea inputs onto my character sheet for notes and that sort of information.  I have a small issue however; since you can't give it a name= field, I'm unable to name it as attr_attribute and make it save.  I've tired changing the id to being attr_TextArea but that too has failed.  Is this possible at all?  I have seen some sheets like the 5E sheets that allow for repeating text areas (though I'm not trying anything fancy like repeating right now) that save, so I think so, but am not sure where I'm going wrong. tl/dr:  I can put text areas in but can't figure out how to name them attr_Name like other inputs so that they save. Thanks for the help as always!

Edited 1581341150
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You just give the <textarea> tag a name attribute like with how you do with <input>: <textarea name="attr_order_skills"></textarea> Look at my Feast of Legends sheet for a working example of textarea. I recommend you to again read over the Building Character Sheets wiki page, which mentions man relevant things, such as why IDs aren't used.
Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Ah thanks.  My mistake was leaving both the ID and the Name, thus it wasn't using the Name.  Thanks again.

Edited 1581424201
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
FYI, I just did a major updated on the Building Character Sheets article.