Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG Official Sheet] Still being maintained?

As the title mentions.  Is anyone still maintaining this sheet? I'm having some issues with NPCs and Vehicle interactions, so...
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The two (three, if we count the french) Star Wars FFG sheets are in no way official, and have been made by the community, like majority of the sheets. Looking at the code, it seems the API-compatible sheet was last updated 2 years ago, and the others have  been dormant even longer, so it seems they aren't actively maintained by the original authors.

Edited 1582099459
What are the licensing rules in regards to editing the script of character sheets? i.e. is it possible for me to take the code and add some of the things introduced in the recent books, a very simple addition that really isn't maintenance just a few additional lines of code for the drop down menus.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Community Sheets (the ones that dont have "By Roll20" in their name) can be edited by anyone in the community. The submission license is on the wiki, and the github repository I believe, but in essence: these sheets have no owners, and anyone in the community is free to edit them. The repository maintainers will perform some quality checks, and will try to catch problematic changes that damage a sheet, and may roll back significant changes that get through, but the principle is that anyone can step in and maintain or improve a sheet. When making changes to a sheet, think of yourself as a community servant. The community relies on people stepping in and doing this public service. But remember- you aren't making changes just for yourself: you have to account for everyone that is already using the sheet. It's a good thing to improve a sheet, as long as the current users agree its an improvement!  The main thing to watch out for: don't make changes that will destroy data (e.g. changing attribute names without some version function to transfer the stats from the old attributes to the new). So be careful with data, think of the users, and you're golden.
GiGs said: Community Sheets (the ones that dont have "By Roll20" in their name) can be edited by anyone in the community. The submission license is on the wiki, and the github repository I believe, but in essence: these sheets have no owners, and anyone in the community is free to edit them. The repository maintainers will perform some quality checks, and will try to catch problematic changes that damage a sheet, and may roll back significant changes that get through, but the principle is that anyone can step in and maintain or improve a sheet. When making changes to a sheet, think of yourself as a community servant. The community relies on people stepping in and doing this public service. But remember- you aren't making changes just for yourself: you have to account for everyone that is already using the sheet. It's a good thing to improve a sheet, as long as the current users agree its an improvement!  The main thing to watch out for: don't make changes that will destroy data (e.g. changing attribute names without some version function to transfer the stats from the old attributes to the new). So be careful with data, think of the users, and you're golden. Thank you for the information, I am working on updating it. Once I'm done I'll test it and then submit it for review.
I've finished the update code, and made a pull request. In the mean while anyone who wants the files to manually input the code can find it on my GitHub page  /Angarl/Roll20_StarWars
Thank you Angarl for stepping up! 
Thanks all for the info!

Edited 1582800040
I'm not that experienced with character sheets, but for some reason despite showing in the Roll20 Github database, the sheet doesn't seem to load the new translation file. This is why you might be seeing certain entries somewhat like this [clonesoldier]. The translation file is supposed to tell the sheet how to display that information as normal text, it works fine in my tests and if you manually load it in rather than select the sheet from the Roll20 drop down menu. But for some reason the files translation.json is not being loaded. (More specifically if it wasn't being loaded then every entry would appear that way, it seems to instead be loading the old translation.json file, even though it is updated in the Github registry) Anyone with experience know what is preventing it from loading the updated file? Edit: I just figured out the issue, I never updated the various language file versions of the translation only the main file. I'll get to work on this but it may take some time for it to get pulled by Roll20 again. It still has the update there, and the names for each entry still show close enough to how they should, so in the meanwhile it's still perfectly usable.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You should only need to make changes to the main "translation.json" file, and Roll20 should have those changes automatically happen to the language-specific files, which actually governs what is shown on the sheet. I think there was one other sheet this week that had the same issue, so they might have just forgotten to run this subroutine this week.
Andreas J. said: You should only need to make changes to the main "translation.json" file, and Roll20 should have those changes automatically happen to the language-specific files, which actually governs what is shown on the sheet. I think there was one other sheet this week that had the same issue, so they might have just forgotten to run this subroutine this week. Ok, thanks for letting me know. Saves a lot of time not having to go and make those changes manually. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.