Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lightning - "Sees All" option

I've only recently started using Dynamic Lightning in my games so when my player and I learned one of its biggest caveats we felt special. In case the screenshot is blurry, my player complains about the inability to see anything from atop towers or rooftops while otherwise being completely blown away by the tactical genius of this feature. And I promise, half in jest, I would post here. I saw a couple of "Obstructed" topics where they suggested solutions for this. Like my first thought: One-sided light obstructions. Brilliant. But even I know that'd be a tall order to implement so my suggested solution is simpler. A check box in the Advanced Lightning options in every token that lets the GM give unrestricted vision to a character. To ignore all light obstructions or even the whole dynamic light system and line of sight. Perhaps it's too much, I hear the detractors already. But it's probably easier to do and that's why I'm suggesting it. In any case, it would allow my PCs and plenty of others to climb on top of towers and rooftops and yell battle advice to their surrounded party members who are desperately trying to escape the city guard after yet another botched robbery or random slaying...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .