Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More newbie questions: Snap, grid, scaling...

I tried to add my custom tokens to the map.  They snap and it did not keep the aspect ratio.   Is there a way to turn off snap and to keep the aspect ratio of art?   :) Also the ruler is set to 1 square = 5 feet.  Is there a method to change the scale? :) Thanks!
Oh and another newbie question: after placing a token...how do I move it? :)
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you turn off the grid it will not snap to grid when loading an image. You can find the grid settings in the map settings. Afterwards if you wish to reinstate the grid anytime you hold down the Alt key anything you do will ignore the grid. To change map settings click on the blue icon at the top right corner of the map. From there you can click on the settings for a given map. The options to change the scale can be found there. Finally, to move a token make sure you are using the select tool (top left corner of the map is the toolbar) and then click on the token and drag it to where you want to place it. - Gauss
Similar problem. Until this morning Roll20 was working great, I even managed to get grids to line up. Now whenever I add a token they are somehow behind the map and unmoveable. In fact they aren't even moveable until I switch to GM Layer. It's so darn frustrating I'm about to switch back to RPGTableOnline be stuck with just right angles and screenshot constantly for my pbp game.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Robocoastie, are you on the GM layer when you add a token? If so you are adding it to the GM layer rather than the token layer.   While on the GM layer, please right click on the token that is only available on the GM layer. Go down to layer and select the token layer. The token will be moved to the token layer. If this does not help let me know and we can troubleshoot this. - Gauss
I'm having an issue with importing my map. When I scale my map that I import, it's too big for the grid that I start with. Is there a way to make the roll20 grid bigger so that my whole map fits on there, or do I have to cut my map into little pieces and make it multiple pages for a single "layer" of the dungeon we're trying to adventure?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, at the top right corner of the canvas there is a blue icon. Click it and go to the settings for the map you wish to change. The first setting is a definition of the canvas size.  - Gauss
THAR we go.  Setting button is inside the pages bar.  Duly noted.  Much obliged good sir  :)  May the adventuring begin!