Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

One time buy for extra storage

In the simplest terms, I think you should allow users to purchase additional storage for art and music assets. The suggestion is simple as that. The rest is a bit of backstory as to why I'm bringing this up. As a DM, I very much enjoy playing music for my players. I spend hours finding the perfect tracks to go along with dramatic cues, villainous monologues, or crit themes for when my players accomplish something extremely impressive. I understand that Fanburst going down was something entirely out of Roll20's control. However,  it has forced me into a terrible situation where not only have I lost years of collected themes, but I cannot even re-implement more than a handful due to 100MB storage quota. And the idea of losing all that work, and then having to pay a monthly fee to for the right to even painstakingly download each individual track and plug it back in is pretty insulting. I am aware that this is coming very late, and that the Fanburst thing happened a while back, but I honestly thought the Roll20 developers would have done something about it by now. Clearly, that isn't going to happen, so instead I'd like to ask to be allowed to pay for storage, without having to rent it out via membership fees. I don't mean to be coming off as hostile, but I've been asking my players to wait for months now, and I'm very frustrated with the current situation. So, please, just let me give you money for storage. Or, if anyone's got recommendations for other similar sites, I'd very glad to hear those as well.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .