Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recycle Bin for the Journal/Selecting Multiple Journal Entries

Score + 187

Edited 1570854466
The Storyteller
Sheet Author
I don't know why it's not a feature yet. Maybe it's something they over looked or don't think it's a priority. I think it would be good QOL upgrade for every DM.
+1 I'm manually deleting hundreds of sheets and handouts as I'm trying to lighten the load of my game. It's terrible not to be able to do more than one at a time..
+1
+! I'm back on after almost a year of being gone, and this is still not a feature. Lame.
+1
+39825798236529865   Please make this happen! Its been so long now!
Baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented yet. It's a HUGE QoL feature, and not extraordinary to ask. Just basic functionality -- select multiple journal entries and delete with one click, rather than the tedious business of individual deletion that it's been.
Like everyone else has said.. please do it.
I agree with all of you. I ran into a problem that this feature could help immensely. I created a homebrew 5E Star Wars game. I imported all of the tactical maps, and pathfinder flip mat, and other various addons because I wanted to use some of the maps. I accidentally deleted one of the folders, and it dumped all of the npc tokens, handouts, thank you notes, and all the biz right into my main folder, which I just organized and made pretty. I was hoping to delete the whole thing, as I didn't need the NPC's because I had to make mine on my own. If I had known I would have just left it in the folder and tried to forget about it. but now it seems I can't move the mass of the junk, or delete it. So it's just going to sit there.. Bugging me.. Please make this a feature!  Thank you very much.
I Completely agree with this
We still need this. why is this not a thing? I've got a ton of useless handouts because of map packs that are cluttering the hell out of my handout section.   
+1
+1
+1
I can't believe how old this request is, deleting individually is a huge inconvenience. Also deleting a folder not deleting the contents  of the folder is really counter-intuitive behavior. Nobody's filesystem does that so it's a big surprise to see it happen here. I wouldn't even have bothered deleting the folder if I knew it were just going to create this huge chore for me :/    
ive read some bad stuff about roll20 owner, this thread doesnt help. I'd like to purchase more modules for roll20, but as stated over and over, more modules equals more lag. Makes me nervous when a simple request is overlooked for 4+ years.  Simply deleting a folder should delete everything inside, that is the only change were asking for. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Something to keep in mind is that Roll20 doesn't have folders.  It has label tags that are presented in a folder structure.  If you delete a "folder", you are deleting a tag, and removing that tag from all the contents.  This is the way the art library works, anyway, so I expect this is how the journal works as well. Since they don't comment on anything until it has 200 votes (halfway there!), it is no surprise this topic hasn't received dev comment.  Sometimes they end up fulfilling suggestions that don't have the votes as part of other work if it is related.  I'm hoping that some of the background code work they have been doing will eventually filter up to improvements in things like this. Anyway, just wanted to point out that not all folders are equal, or even are actual folders...
nearly 3 damn years and roll20 still hasnt even responded wtf
+1
Dennis S. said: nearly 3 damn years and roll20 still hasnt even responded wtf I think it's actually been 4.5 if I remember my roll20 forum date rounding correctly.
This is much needed functionality. Please try to make it happen ASAP.
This is still not a thing? Basic functionality that is making me seriously consider converting everything to another platform.

Edited 1583557666
R20 won't do IF statments for Macros, that I can understand, but WHY has this not been implemented, in four (4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) years nothing has been done. Over years of using R20, those of us that need to cleanup our folders, CAN'T because it takes upwards of 8 seconds per item to delete, with MULTIPLE user inputs.  If you have (like me) THOUSANDS OF FILES - it's not feasable to do the cleanup. Please get this in as a feature, enough people want it.  As an aside, if making an option to ctrl-click, or check boxes, is too difficult, give us a management page with FTP access to our folders to do it there.  Of give us an FTP port TO our files, and we use our own software to do it. This is SIMPLE BASIC stuff, that should NOT take 4 years+ to even look at let alone implement.  Very slack IMO.  And as someone who's career was fixing how customers are treated, and how business run to increase revenue and profit, I can say without a doubt, that 4 years is pure BS, especially since it NEEDS to be in as BASIC functionality! R20:  Please just implement this. Actually NOT responding, or even having the common sense to implement this in the first place, does raise some doubts to weather I have wasted all the money I have spent.
Please make this come true!!
The eternal wait for developers continues...
I see this requests and countless threads on this going 4+ years back. Not having this feature makes purchasing modals and stuff from Roll20 a lot less attractive, It forces DM's to delete and remake games just so they can get rid of the zillion maps and handouts ect that comes with a module, some of these modules are just one or two up games, or add on map packs where dm just wants a few of the maps and then has to delete a zillion unwanted maps. The fact that so many desire this, and it would be so easy to implement makes me wonder why the hell it hasn't been done. Meanwhile I guess I will be busy deleting another 50 things from the last add on they finished.... makes me wonder why I bother paying for the pro if this shit is going to be so much work.
This please +1
+1
+1, definitely. It is a real hassle to try deleting items when you have a whole lot of them you need to get rid of. Having a ton of journal handouts on the screen at once makes the application slow down considerably, so it takes even longer to delete each handout individually.
Absolutely baffling that a basic piece of UI like this has been missing for so many years, and worse, that there seems to be no timeline on adding it.
+1
This would be a very helpful improvement.  Just spent 30 minutes manually deleting handouts and such before giving up! 
+1 a necessity
+1 Seriously needed, wondering if this platform really supports DMs/Creators

Edited 1587925352
I don't understand how this has been open for 4 years and not implemented. Is your code really so spaghetti that this isn't a quick week sprint fix? If so, has the engineer been fired yet? Because the engineer is not a good engineer, just saying. Do you have any idea how many DM's you've lost to other platforms because they realized this is an issue? I can say that with some confidence as I'm about to be one of them, or at the very least I will no longer purchase anything from the MP, as I can't support a company that has such apathy toward the most basic of features. This should be a quick Shift+Click+Delete, and instead you've chosen to allow it to waste the DM's time for over four years. I can tell from your business model that DM's are your actual main customers and source of income, and yet this most basic of QOL isn't critical? Are you kidding me? Absurd.
+1
+1
+1
+1 Any improvement to the Library and Journal organization would be GREATLY appreciated.
+1 badly needed, and I'm just getting started here.
It would be especially helpful for large modules that come preloaded with a ton of sheets, tokens, etc. I don't need half of them and my (uneducated) assumption is that if Rise of the Runelords was half the size, it wouldn't take 10 minutes to load everything and become stable and connect to my players, and that real time token movement and character sheet pulls wouldn't consistently lag. It's not my internet, I'm plugged into ethernet and have 200 mbps download and 20 upload consistently. And I don't have this issue with small or homebrewed modules in roll20. Either way, being able to get rid of large amounts of pregenerated info would be very very useful.
+1 really need it to remove a whole modules worth of handouts I accidentally added to the wrong campaign :(
Eliza S. said: It would be especially helpful for large modules that come preloaded with a ton of sheets, tokens, etc. I don't need half of them and my (uneducated) assumption is that if Rise of the Runelords was half the size, it wouldn't take 10 minutes to load everything and become stable and connect to my players, and that real time token movement and character sheet pulls wouldn't consistently lag. Having a large number of assets, journals or maps, significantly lengthens table load time and disrupts stability .
+1 - I can't believe I have to post on this after such a simple request.  This may end up a deal-breaker for me seeing how much I just screwed up my journal and have no way to fix it except spend literal hours at a screen. This isn't making online gaming easier.  It's making it ridiculously difficult, and would be easier to keep things on paper at this point.  It's insanity to pay for something better done on paper when you're trying to play digital...

Edited 1588504342
+1 I imported a bunch of spell templates into my game, found out I didn't need all that many, and it takes me hours to get rid of them again. Whats even worse, they were in folders, but deleting the folder just moved them to root instead of deleting the item.
+`1
+1
+1
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
While not completely delivering the functionality requested in this issue, a release today did add an option to delete a Journal Folder and all contents .
Kenton said: While not completely delivering the functionality requested in this issue, a release today did add an option to delete a Journal Folder and all contents . That is a big step in the right direction. Thank you!