Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5E] 5E HARDCORE MODE sundays 2PM EST

Just got the 5E HARDCORE MODE from Runehammer Games (check out the preview on drive-thru rpg), I'm looking to give it a test drive with a group of 4 or 5 players. Attributes are 3d6 in order and rolling for hp, its all about gritting your teeth and working with what you have. I'm not gonna get fancy with the maps, I only speak English, using discord voice only. Send me a message if you want to play and we'll roll up characters and get a game going next week or the week after if there are enough players. 
Not familiar with the Hardcore mode other than the Tomb of Annihilation campaign with the death curse mechanic and harder death saves.  Will this be an RP heavy group or a combat heavy one?  I am interested and would like to know more (especially about more on the scope and constraints of play).
yeah there is a 7 pg preview on drivethrurpg. Not RP heavy but with the harsher death mechanics more out of the box thinking might be in order. I'm just going to have a low prep mini sandbox.
Just picked it up, read the whole thing (only 26 pages). Love it! This is a great way to streamline your game. BUT it will not appeal to the Character Building Power Gamer. Also I think that it actually does promote more Role Play, characters are much more interacting just to stay alive.
Well still interested. Will have to give that booklet a look. The rules presented in the initial post just look like 1st Edition creation rules which is fine for me.

Edited 1582567488
Ajax
Pro
It's built for speed. No Bonus Actions, simple Initiative, No Spell Slots, No Attacks of Opportunity, it removes the Bloated Math that make combats take way, way, way too long.  I'm planning a few One Shots, soon. I do use Maps and all the Roll20 Bells and Whistles, including fully scripted tokens for even faster more intense action.