Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monsters & Mooks. Rich Tokens Not Back By Characters?

Let's say I have twenty-four orcs (represented by tokens) attacking my players (sunday next week), and let's say I want to write some macros to save myself some stress. I need to include some stats for each of them; does that mean I need an individual character sheet for each of them?
That depends on how individual you want them to be... Start here for some info on how to set up tokens properly for Mooks: Linking Tokens To Journals Wiki After that, the question is what, exactly, do you want to be different? If it's just hit points, that's simple... change each token's hit points. If you want, for example, different types of attack macros... ie: some have swords, some have longbows, or whatever, you can simply put both (all) those type of macros into the one journal's token actions, and pick depending on the individual which attack type it'll be using. If you want something more complex, then yes, you should use a different journal entry for each. Even something as simple as Armor Class will need to be separated like this, assuming you're using macros that call the target's armor class automatically... there's no way to have more-than-one response to a query, unfortunately. Hope that helps.
A-ha. That wiki entry actually explains it I think. I don't *love* it, but it'll work.