Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Players access game APIs when DM not logged in

I am normally a DM and never noticed it ... them BOOM! I gain the chance to be a PC. My Issue: I log in outside of game time to prep things and get macros ready and organized and ... I can't. I know that there are certain APIs that the DM has loaded and ready, but I can't access any of them as a player unless the DM is also logged on. When ANY person logs into a game - the API sandbox for that game should spool up and become functional.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is already how the sandbox should work. If it isn't then there is something going on with your game's sandbox, or the GM has restricted access to those scripts from players.
I have looked for such a setting on games I DM and don't find it. But when I log in as a Player in a game and I am the only one logged on - the APIs don't function. I had him log in and verify the sandbox wasn't crashed and then log back out - it only seems to work when the DM is there. If it is already supposed to work this way - I may need someone to review what is (or is not) triggering this.
What script(s) are you using in the game? What script(s) are you expecting the player to be able to use?
Token Mod and Ammo are the 2 most used ones
We figured this out and got it working. Still not completely sure what the exact thing was (we tried a few things) but it is working now. This can be canceled.