Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Player Looking for a Group/DM for 5e Campaign

Hi there. I'm an oldschool D&D player, have mostly been a DM for D&D 3 and 3.5.  Entirely skipped 4e, never played it, and only recently got back into 5e.  I've started running my own game again, but I'm looking for a group so that I can have a chance to play as well.   I prefer to play in Forgotten Realms, but I'm open to other settings as long as it doesn't stray too far from a traditional D&D feel. I tend to lean toward RP more than combat, but I do enjoy a mix of both.  As far as availability, I am only available every other week, so I'm looking for a group that meets twice a month.  I do have discord, but you're free to reach out to me here on Roll20 first to see if we click. Hope to hear from some creative DMs soon!  :)
What is THAC0?
To Hit Armor Class 0
What Ajax said.  It was what you needed to roll in order to hit an armor class of 0 in 2nd edition. The lower your AC, the better.
I've got a West Marches style campaign going. Sort of anyways. It's open world, there are no "main quest lines" and it's a very come and play as you have time sort of schedule. You build your parties IC, you can build cities, towns, a home... anything you want really. It's a large game though... and every player action influences encounters and options as well as even loot for other players. Civilizations are starting to pop up as players build them (yes, EVERY civilization save for one is player-made) and so finally we're starting to see the quests that take place in cities rather than the wilderness. Does this interest you?   I will say this; we welcome new players but a lot of stuff we do involves both mechanics that are not often used (exhaustion, variant weight, etc) as well as some homebrew crafting mechanics since 5e's crafting mechanics are a bit lackluster.   Just message me directly if you're interested! ^_^