Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Highlighting criticals of 19-20

Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hello, I spent quite a while looking a was unable to find an answer for this without the use of the API, and was wondering if it was possible to highlight in green a critical of a smaller number than 20 (in case of a d20) In my case i'm using a Fighter that crits on 19-20 and sometimes i forget to check in the macro to see if it is a crit, so if it were highlighter in green it'd solve my problem. Any way to do this? Thank you! Nick.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time only the natural 20 is green highlighted and a natural 1 is red highlighted or so I read (can't tell the color properly due to limited color vision). If you make the roll normally and not inline it would show the dice but that takes up a few extra lines. The API would probably be your best bet for this.
Depending how much work you want to put into it; you could TECHNICALLY create a roll-able table and have the 19 and 20 images colored accordingly. It would get messy if not everyone crits on the same range (probably would end up with multiple tables for each crit range available) All in all, not really worth it when you can hover over the roll to check. I usually leave checking and announcing crit threats to the players to do.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is not currently possible without the API. (The campaign owner must be a Mentor.)
There's no way yet to do it, and no API script exists for it that I know of. I've been looking. There's ways of faking it with really complex macros, that involve exploding dice and comparing the roll result to a set value, but they're inelegant and don't actually do the job well. But by default, no. There's no real way to do it.
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Yeah, i read one of the threads on the exploding dice, but it didn't look like something i wanted to use. Besides, i wouldn't need to reroll for that, it's only max damage (D&D Next) It seems i got my answer then. Thank you very much guys, i appreciate it!!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Askren said: There's no way yet to do it, and no API script exists for it that I know of. I've been looking. Look harder ?