Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about a default template macro

here is the macro i have written: &{template:default} {{name=Blink Attack}} {{blink=[[6]] }} {{dc and attack roll=[[1d20cs>18+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class1-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class2-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class3-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|MAB-Ability}+?{Other bonuses|0}]]}} {{damage=[[2d4+18+?{plus other|Nagashi,#Nagashi |none,0}]]}} #Nagashi should execute the following macro: [[1d10]] piercing + [[1?{which dice|d10,d10|d6,d6}]] electricity + [[1d6]] concussion however it does notwhat am i doing wrong?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You are running into the problem with nested roll queries. Doing this requires using advanced roll query formatting . The tl;dr of that is that you need to html encode bars, commas, and end curly braces of the nested query. Note that this will make #Nagashi not work if called outside of being nested in a roll query, and will only work at that level of nesting.
if i understand this i would need to make two #Nagashi one with html and one normal

Edited 1583519838
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Pretty much, looking at your set up, I might actually suggest something else. Make two macros: #Nagashi ?{Which Dice|#NagashiDice } #NagashiDice Nagashi d10,d10|Nagashi d6,d6 Then in your default macro you posted you'd do the following: &{template:default} {{name=Blink Attack}} {{blink=[[6]] }} {{dc and attack roll=[[1d20cs>18+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class1-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class2-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|Class3-BAB}+@{Sakura Hiboshik|MAB-Ability}+?{Other bonuses|0}]]}} {{damage=[[2d4+18+?{plus other|#NagashiDice |none,0}]]}} Then you don't need to deal with the annoyance of html encoding or the global macro editor eating the html encodings.
on the character there is a tab called attributes and abilities. in there on the right had side there are the abilities. i made a bunch of them. is there a way to make one ability or macro to call one of them but have a drop down list for each one? i think i am getting terms mixed up.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Alright here is what I need A query that has a dropdown menu that has the following choices: Choice 1 runs this [[1d8+2d6+1d10+?{crit|yes,1d10|no,0}]] Choice 2 runs this [[?{which release|Nagashi1,1d6|Nagashi2,8d6+?{how many dice|0}d6]] Choice 3 runs this [[1d8+1+1d6+1+1d4+1+?{empowered,?{how many dice 2|0}d8+?{how many dice}+?{empowered,?{how many dice 2|0}d6+?{how many dice}+?{empowered,?{how many dice 2|0}d4+?{how many dice}]]
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Or you could just create a macro for attacks that use each of those, and then create a chat menu macro that gives you a clickable button for each of those options.&nbsp; Or have your attack macro print out buttons for 3 different damage options. If you haven't checked out the stupid tricks thread stickied at the top of this forum, you might want to do so.&nbsp; Chat menus are one of the ideas from there.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/</a>
i haven't figured out how to make buttons cos that would be perfect for me. i have seen it but i haven't read in-depth yet but i guess i will now so i stop harassing you guys...lol