Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with ShareVision script.

Hello all, I've noticed that recently the ShareVision script is not working as designed.  The "invisible" token is now stacked on top of the player token. Clicking to move the player token moves the invisible one instead.  Can someone please take a look a this?  I'm running the latest version in the script library (1.4).  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Ed, I haven't updated that script in a long time. I'll take a look this weekend and see if something has changed with how it interacts with the sandbox.
Awesome, thank you sir!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for pinging me again, I had completely spaced this. I WILL investigate tomorrow; for real this time!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Ed, I found what the issue here is, and I'm not actually sure how to fix it. The problem is that several months ago (maybe a year?), Roll20 changed how tokens interact with dynamic lighting and each other. The change made it so that player tokens would always be above npcs/maps/drawings. I need to figure out exactly what the criteria for allowing stacking is to figure out how to get this fixed.
Hi Scott.  I really appreciate you looking into this.  We use this for our Shadowrun game.  In it there is a battle computer system called PI-Tac that allows the characters to share their video feeds with each other.  Your script allows them to fan out and leverage each other's sight without granting them access to each other's tokens and character sheets. 
While we're talking about it, there will be a new version of dynamic lighting released soon.  Maybe it would be best to wait to see what that looks like first.  :)