Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Triggering API on Spells Tab of the Roll20 5th Edition Sheet

Question about Spells. Is there a way to get spells to trigger the API when a player clicks to cast them on the Spells Tab? Maybe I haven't found the right field area, but it would be cool if the spells sheet had a data field like the Ammunition slot, where the API decrements out of the Class Resource area whenever a spell is clicked. I realize this is already possible for attack spells because they appear in the Attacks & Spellcasting area, but I'd like to use the API with ALL/ANY spells, including (including the SPELLCARD type) clicked directly on the Spells tab. The use I've got in mind is for tracking Warlock spells, but it could also be a good way to track things like wand charges.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might want to look into the script Customizable Roll Listener, which monitors the chat for certain text strings and runs an API accordingly. I think it is in the One-Click install.
Thanks Keith, you're the best. I'll take a look.