Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Make rolls by GM public

Edited 1584474330
OGL by Roll 20 for D&D 5E Is there a way using API or Macros to make all my rolls public?  When I roll stuff for the npc's my players can never see the rolls because it's always whispered to me.  I see there is a place on the character sheets to make rolls public but I don't want to have to change each sheet manually when I open a monster or npc.  I just want the players to see when I make attacks and skill checks etc.
This is normally a checked option. I know in the Bestiary sheets for PF2 I have to turn this feature on the sheet, tab in the top right I want to say.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Omegaman said: Is there a way using API or Macros to make all my rolls public?  When I roll stuff for the npc's my players can never see the rolls because it's always whispered to me.  I see there is a place on the character sheets to make rolls public but I don't want to have to change each sheet manually when I open a monster or npc.  I just want the players to see when I make attacks and skill checks etc. There are several sheets on Roll20 with an npc version.  You need to specify which sheet you are using to allow people to give you a real answer without guessing.

Edited 1584468367
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can try setting the whisper settings on the campaign details page and then going into the experimental settings on the bottom of the in-game settings tab, and applying them. But that can be quirky, and I've seen many reports of problems with that. It can be set with a ChatSetAttr macro on any selected tokens. This will affect all tokens of that character sheet: Whisper !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' Public !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|''
Thank you.  ChatSetAttr macro is exactly what I was thinking.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might want to check and see if those are already options on your Utility Chat Menu.
hahaha,  you're right.  They ARE on there already.  There are a lot of commands I don't know how to use or don't work so I never investigated them much.  I will now use two more. :-)