Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5e] Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Campaign - Sundays 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC

Date: Sundays Time: 1:30 PM EDT / 12:30 PM CDT / 17:30 UTC Length: 4 hour sessions <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179</a> I am a GM looking for players for my Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus campaign. I have GMed thousands of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I've recently run successful Tomb of Annihilation and Lost Mine of Phandelver campaigns for 5th Edition on Roll20. One of our players had to drop from the campaign due to personal injury. The party is level 6 and has just finished just entered Avernus! The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&amp;D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription and Legendary Bundle that grants players access to digital versions of every book. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 via PayPal each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Why Join My Campaign? Click here to see pictures from my other campaigns! You should consider my campaign because... Custom handouts - dozens of handouts made in Photoshop and pulled from the web make the experience more immersive. Custom tokens - I make tokens for NPCs in Photoshop and have made over 800 (!) for my various Roll20 campaigns. Copious battlemaps - I love using the best battlemaps I can find for every important encounter. Scenic pictures - I use evocative images for locations whenever they don't need a full battlemap. This helps establish the feel for the place you are visiting. Dynamic lighting - This is one of the best features on Roll20 and I use it extensively. Dungeons come to life as you manage your torches and carefully peak around every corner. I have macros to quickly swap light sources as needed. Watch your step! Music and ambient soundtracks - I provide a mix of musical scores with ambient tracks overlaid. Macros and Scripts - I use a number of macros and scripts to make the experience more streamlined and eliminate some of the tedium. Tracking arrows, spell slots, and concentration saves. I write many macros myself and can help with custom macros if the players need them. D&amp;D Beyond access - You'll get free access to every book on D&amp;D Beyond including their character builder. Background An entire city... gone. The holy city of Elturel sat on a bluff upriver from Baldur's Gate and was home to the blessed followers of Torm, Helm, Tyr, and Amaunator. Mounted paladins of the faith called Hellriders could be seen setting out from the walls to defend the lands of the Sword Coast, while farmers from the outlying Fields of the Dead would bring their harvests in for sale in the city's marketplace. A beautiful garden lay in the center where trysts and song and merriment flourished. From the Dock District in the flatlands with its markets, stockyards, and citizens, to the High District built on rising slopes with cobbled streets and tall houses, to the High Hall itself on the cliff overlooking the river... all gone. Baldur's Gate is now in the throes of a refugee crisis. The Grand Duke was on a diplomatic visit to Elturel when the city disappeared and has not been seen from since. The Flaming Fist is doing all it can to keep the peace (and earn some coin), but terrible cultists have been using the turmoil to enact their own plans. The streets are stained with blood. People are afraid. They mourn the loss of their friends and family. And they're scared of what will come next. Campaign Features The campaign is structured and focuses on combat and exploration but with much role-playing as well, especially in later parts. It begins in Baldur's. The Flaming Fist has been having trouble with cultists lately and the city is in need of help. I'd estimate the campaign to last 9-18 months. My estimate could be off by a fair bit, but I want to give players some idea. For a refresher on D&amp;D 5e, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation Characters start at 6th-level. Point buy, no rolled starting wealth. Homebrew and third party content are allowed subject to GM approval and modification. All official options are available with the following exceptions. There is no PHB+1 rule. Races with flying at level 1 are not allowed (Aarakocra and Winged Tieflings). Yuan-ti Pureblood are not allowed. Multiclassing is subject to GM approval and is discouraged. The following 8 feats are not allowed: Crossbow Expert, Great Weapon Master, Lucky, Polearm Master, Resilient, Sentinel, Sharpshooter, Spell Sniper. I have all the sources on D&amp;D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&amp;D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. So please get in contact with me after joining the campaign so you can build your character in style! Character Background When creating your character background, you should tie them in to Elturel, or Baldur's Gate, such that you would not want one or both to come to harm. Perhaps you had family in Elturel or grew up there, or your mentor lived there, or your love of Baldur's Gate would spur you to protect it should the need arise. Your character is now in Avernus or Elturel. We can work together on deciding why. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I use the money to purchase new RPG adventures, source books, supplement, maps, and the like. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
hey you should put [PAID] in the post listing, its one of the forum rules.

Edited 1584042168
Lex
Pro
Looking for 1-2 players! Here's the custom landing page I built for Fallout:
Alright, here we go! 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience: Well, if you count console games and the like, I've been doing this for as long as I could remember. Diving in to my imagination an bringing forth characters an having a blast playing them. If we only count tabletop, same gist but less years. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? The freedom to create a character bound only to the idea in my head as to what they should be. Creative freedom an of course, other people an their character ideas to mesh or clash with my own. A world away from the current. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? Found it while looking for a new game. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? The post seemed well constructed an fluid as well as cutting to chase on issues I was curious about. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? Yes. 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes.

Edited 1584810836
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience – Old enough (barely) to remember the Red Book.  Got back into Dnd via 5e and Roll20 last year. &nbsp; We played through WD:DH and some homebrew content before the DM had to semi-retire when he returned to uni. &nbsp; Con goer (Dragon, been to Gen a few times and hopefully going this year if things return to normal). 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? – T here’s nothing like creating a character, getting together with a group of friends and having fun creating our own stories through collaborative roleplay. &nbsp; 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum ? – Directory &nbsp; 4) What made you pick my LFG post? Avernus and DnD Beyond are two huge pros, and you seem to put &nbsp; a lot of thought and creativity into presenting yourself and how you DM. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? – Would love to! 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? – Yep! &nbsp; And if my buddy and wife are able to join as well, we’re all incredibly consistent in payment. &nbsp; We all work as successful freelancers and highly respect the need for folks to get paid.&nbsp; I PMed you as well.&nbsp; Let me know what you think when you get a chance; thanks! -eee &nbsp;
Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience im approaching 40, and have played every dnd video game I have been able to get my hands on. Pen and paper I have about 3 months of experience(curse of stroud), and am completely new to roll 20. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Unlike video game versions, tabletop is limited only by your creativity and rolling of the dice. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? Directory 4) What made you pick my LFG post? Pay to play, dnd beyond, and relatively lower level(6) chars compared to other campaigns looking for players. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? Yes.&nbsp; 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes.
Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience: I'm 24 years old and have been playing the 5th edition of dungeons and dragons for about 1.5 years so far. Mostly stuck in the forever DM role although I've played games where I got to be a player for about ten times total. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs?: Mostly the roleplaying and what my actions can do to affect the story while working alongside others who feel the same. Also, enjoy the combat which is simple and helpful to understand 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum?: Forum 4) What made you pick my LFG post?: The time for the campaign fits perfectly for me. Also, I've always wanted to play a campaign that might get me to tier 2 or 3 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months?: Hell yes! 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign?: Of course! If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM.
Hey! 1) I'm 31, live in London and run Pubs. Been playing for 2 years now and been dm of my own homebrew campaign for over a year. Haven't really played online before though so looking forward to trying that! 2) It's like playing regular RPG but with people and way more sociable/ fun 3) Looking for games on Sunday evenings and Descent caught my eye 4) Descent into Avernus ;) 5) Hopefully I can commit to at least a year. Sunday evenings I'm pretty much always free and being a DM I understand the need for consistency. 6) Sure!