Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exporting a Custom Character Sheet for Virtual GaryCon

Edited 1585088625
Hey all,   I tried to help one of the GaryCon VIPs out (Chris Clark, owner of Inner City Games) by doing what I could to get hima usable character sheet for his events at now Virtual GaryCon this weekend. I made a Custom Character Sheet that works (not pretty, but it will work). Now trying to figure out what I do next to get it to him and even release it into the world. -D.M.Zwerg (Dwarf) Amalgamated Research Gaming Hub 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd recommend emailing the devs using <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> as character sheet approvals are done weekly, often on/around a Tuesday. Due to the urgency required they may be able to still help but likely won't handle it via the forums. Good luck :)

Edited 1585094734
So, make Notepad copies of the html code, etc, and email them? Email with notepad versions of files emailed. Also sent them my email address, Discord handle &amp; phone number and the same for Chris Clark.&nbsp; -D.M.Zwerg
David
Sheet Author
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub</a>
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Chrating Roll20 character sheet isn't a guite a quick-and-easy deal, but if you want to take a look at it: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a> is the best starting point, apart form David's link on how to submit any made code to Roll20.
OK, I finished the character sheet a month ago, went through 4 layers of "Heck" figuring out how to add it to GitHub using forks &amp; branches, and *THINK* I successfully submitted a pull request over 3 weeks ago .. my friend Christopher Clark (of Inner City Games) still can't find the character sheet I made and submitted (I hope) well over 3 weeks ago and I have can't see it on the main GitHub server. So, what layer of "Heck" do I have to go through to get a &lt;blankity-blank&gt; character sheet even acknowledged for approval? -The Dwarf

Edited 1588181473
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Can you provide a link to your Github/ Pull Request, and the "exact" name of the sheet you created? It's pretty hard to figure out what's wrong with the engine, if we can't see the car. I couldn't find any reference to you, your roll20 id, or the game mentioned in neither approved code in general, or Pull Requests rejected in the last month, so we need more info to
Unfortunately I do not speak enough "GitHub" to comprehend what you are stating. BAL, JCL., and CICS circa 1990 made a LOT more sense than any of this stuff. The page on which I see it has this title &amp; description: Comparing changes Choose two branches to see what’s changed or to start a new pull request. but the button to request a Pull is neither green nor red but black. &nbsp; base: &nbsp; master &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; head repository: &nbsp; ARGHive/roll20-character-sheets &nbsp; &nbsp; ARGHive / InnerCity None of this is making the least bit of sense to me
I made a branch I made a branch (twig?) of that branch as a work space I made&nbsp; the following files on that (twig?) then did a pull request to merge the (twig?) back into the branch Then I tried another pull request to ask for the files in my branch to be pulled back into the main I have no idea if it actually worked and have been given no option to repeat that step. I am &lt;blanking&gt; lost on how the &lt;blankity blank&gt; I am supposed to get these files submitted for approval as I followed the recipe and did not even end up with a flopped cake but am having trouble finding the oven now! InnerCity.css Create InnerCity.css last month InnerCity.html Create InnerCity.html last month README.md Initial commit last month sheet.json Create sheet.json last month
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
David said: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub</a> It seems you never followed the giude David linked. The process is the create a fork of roll20's character sheet repository, and in the fork you created, do the steps you did. As it is now, you created a standalone repository for you code, that have no connection to Roll20, so there is no way it would have been added to roll20. (This is the equivalent of you writing an email and saving it in your inbox, without sending it to Roll20.) Anyway, now that you shared your code, it would be easier for someone of us to submit the code for you, that taking you through the technicalities. Looking at your code though,&nbsp; it seems you use &lt;table&gt; for layout in tons of places, which is explicitly mentioned to not be done in Roll20's minimum requirements for sheet submissions. &nbsp; If you remake the sheet in any of the other design suggestions found on the wiki, I can submit it for you. If you're still stuck in 1½ weeks and nobody else have changed the sheet for you, I can take time to remake it so it can be properly submitted to Roll20 and get approved.
Andreas J. said: David said: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub</a> It seems you never followed the giude David linked. The process is the create a fork of roll20's character sheet repository, and in the fork you created, do the steps you did. As it is now, you created a standalone repository for you code, that have no connection to Roll20, so there is no way it would have been added to roll20. (This is the equivalent of you writing an email and saving it in your inbox, without sending it to Roll20.) Actually, I did try to follow that a month ago, just after Virtual Gary Con. I created the fork and *THOUGH* I was following that document correctly, but ended up in a blind alley. I am aware the sheet makes extensive use of tables as, when I first started researched making a sheet for HackMaster 4e some time ago that was perfectly acceptable. I discovered that tables were now VERBOTTEN right after I finished the Inner City RPG sheet for a friend (aka Chris Clark, former TSR employee and owner of Inner City Games). I was, and still am, just trying to get it so he can run his game and be able to make an informed business decision as to whether trying to sell modules &amp; books for his games via Roll20 is worth the investment. If somebody would like to rework the sheet using block &amp; grid that would be awesome and I would ask that you don't wait a week and a half as I have my own company (Amalgamated Research Gaming Hub) and once I have a basic block &amp; grid framework I need to work on the character sheet for that game and try to make and sell modules myself ASAP. -D.M.Zwerg Lead Designer &amp; Partner Amalgamated Research Gaming Hub coauthor of Lord Flataroy's Guide to Fortifications

Edited 1588277232
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
ARGHive said: ... and I would ask that you don't wait a week and a half as I have my own company (Amalgamated Research Gaming Hub) and once I have a basic block &amp; grid framework I need to work on the character sheet for that game and try to make and sell modules myself ASAP. -D.M.Zwerg Lead Designer &amp; Partner Amalgamated Research Gaming Hub coauthor of Lord Flataroy's Guide to Fortifications I have exams and studies I need to focus on currently,&nbsp; and there are some potential paid commissions I'd likely prioritize anyway before spending my free time helping games/sheet I have no emotional investment. If you have a monetary incentive to have the sheet done quickly, maybe asking people to spend their free time creating something for you the best course of action, but at least you're honest about it. If this turns into a paid commission I could create the sheet on next Tuesday, but it wouldn't be in Roll20 dropdown until the Tueday the following week, due to Roll20's sheet update cycle.
Andreas J. said: If you have a monetary incentive to have the sheet done quickly, maybe asking people to spend their free time creating something for you the best course of action, but at least you're honest about it. If this turns into a paid commission I could create the sheet on next Tuesday, but it wouldn't be in Roll20 dropdown until the Tueday the following week, due to Roll20's sheet update cycle. Sorry for the delay, as I have been prepping for another virtual con, this one I am doing help desk and as a vendor. The Inner City Games RPG character sheet was for a friend of mine, Chris Clark of Inner City Games, so I will pass this on to him and he can decide and would then contact you. Good luck on your finals! -Dwarf