Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

NEW new noob looking to learn DND

Hello,  I am quarantined and laid off from work, so now is the perfect time to fulfill my wish to finally learn DND and escape to some fantasy world. I'm looking for a group with some patience, who will be willing to teach me from scratch and explain things. Again, I am about as new as it gets and my only knowledge of how to play is from watching some youtube videos. I'm not familiar with any lingo, and I don't have the player's handbook, but someone sent me the abridged online version I can refer to. Thank you kindly!
Hi Miss Ocelet! My name is Drew, and I am a part of the group GamerShrinks who host regular one-shots every Sunday at 6PM EST for new players.&nbsp; If your interested, here are the listings of some of the games we have going, and feel free to PM me if you wanna join our discord.&nbsp; Happy Adventuring! I host a custom built, home-brewed one-shot campaign that covers every aspect you would need to know/practice to get into a game of DnD in the future.&nbsp; It's basically a DnD tutorial which will cover roleplay, ability checks, combat, exploration, and puzzles.&nbsp; Here is the link in case you are interested:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187835/escape-from-crustfall-manor" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187835/escape-from-crustfall-manor</a> We also have an open group with a discord and pre-recordings and streams of current and past campaigns you can find here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187252/gamershrinks-school-of-dnd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187252/gamershrinks-school-of-dnd</a> Please feel free to join or send me a PM to connect, and I wish you all the best! - Drew, The Smiling DM
1585263701

Edited 1585263739
Miss Ocelot id love to invite you to my one shot I already have ready and set to play, we will being using DnD Beyond for our character sheets which is extremely user friendly plus you will have access to all and I mean all of the books in one location, we will being using a chrome extension that makes the dnd beyond user friendly interface with roll 20 play system and be using discord for voice for an easy and noob friendly experience. It may seem like a lot but believe me once you get it all set up (which itself isn’t hard) you will be ready to explore dungeons and role play in my one shot adventure! Hope I hear from you if you’re interested&nbsp;
TheSmilingDM said: Hi Miss Ocelet! My name is Drew, and I am a part of the group GamerShrinks who host regular one-shots every Sunday at 6PM EST for new players.&nbsp; If your interested, here are the listings of some of the games we have going, and feel free to PM me if you wanna join our discord.&nbsp; Happy Adventuring! I host a custom built, home-brewed one-shot campaign that covers every aspect you would need to know/practice to get into a game of DnD in the future.&nbsp; It's basically a DnD tutorial which will cover roleplay, ability checks, combat, exploration, and puzzles.&nbsp; Here is the link in case you are interested:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187835/escape-from-crustfall-manor" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187835/escape-from-crustfall-manor</a> We also have an open group with a discord and pre-recordings and streams of current and past campaigns you can find here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187252/gamershrinks-school-of-dnd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/187252/gamershrinks-school-of-dnd</a> Please feel free to join or send me a PM to connect, and I wish you all the best! - Drew, The Smiling DM Do you host this every Sunday? I may not be available this Sunday, but I would like to join another time. I will probably need assistance in getting started.&nbsp;
Adversary said: Miss Ocelot id love to invite you to my one shot I already have ready and set to play, we will being using DnD Beyond for our character sheets which is extremely user friendly plus you will have access to all and I mean all of the books in one location, we will being using a chrome extension that makes the dnd beyond user friendly interface with roll 20 play system and be using discord for voice for an easy and noob friendly experience. It may seem like a lot but believe me once you get it all set up (which itself isn’t hard) you will be ready to explore dungeons and role play in my one shot adventure! Hope I hear from you if you’re interested&nbsp; When/what time is your one shot ready to play?
Inari#7263 loking for player for sesion for new startes as well expierience gamers&nbsp;
Hello, I am looking to start a one-shot for new players this coming week. We will go through the character creation step by step and explain the sheet. PM me if you are interested.
Hello all, I am also in the same boat as Miss Ocelot. I have watched some videos and listened to some podcasts, but am completely new. I would really enjoy to meet some folks who could help me get into D&amp;D.