Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Organizing Juekbox Files

Would absolutely love to see a way to attach 1 or more jukebox files to a specific map.   I find a lot of good sound files that are appropriate for different parts of the adventure, but when we actually play, I can never remember which sound file was for which area.   If we could tag them like with the art files, or have some way of linking them to a particular map, that would be awesome.   Obviously, if we could attach them to a map, I'd still want them to show up in the jukebox area and would want to be able to attach the same sound file to multiple maps :)
Gauss
Forum Champion
As a current method, you can rename the sound files. Something like 1. *sound file name* 2. *sound file name* etc. On the map side of things your maps can be labeled as: 1. *mapname* 2. *mapname* etc.  - Gauss
I have also found that if you break down the music into catagories it helps, such as a using a number system in front of the name of the sound.  For example  100 series number would be Mood/Ambiance, 200s for special effects, 300s for character themes, and 400s for other assorted things.