Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

NPC Sheet

I have a really ambitious question. Is it possible to make a generic macro that will display just the NPC info (Example: Name, AC, Stats, Immunities, Conditions ending in Languages) from the sheet without making buttons for the macros? I have done that already. I noticed that in the stupid tricks thread it was possible to make a custom card with buttons. I don't really need this unless that is the only way to display what i want.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure of your system/sheet, but this might help;  NPC Statblock Chat Menu for D&D 5e sheet — No API required!
Sorry I'm using the 5e OGL Sheet - Free User
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe Keith's example is the 5e OGL sheet.  And, "No API required!" means it works for everyone.
Thanks Vince this is exactly what i was looking for however like i said i don't need the button functionality as i have custom scripts for this. With the script below how do i? A: get rid of the buttons and just display the stats and B: How do i make the display bigger? /w gm &{template:npcaction}{{rname=@{selected|character_name}}}{{name=@{selected|npc_type} **HP: **@{selected|bar1} / @{selected|hp|max} | ** AC: ** @{selected|npc_ac} | **Spd: ** @{selected|npc_speed} **Languages: **@{selected|npc_languages} **Senses: **@{selected|npc_senses} **Resists:: **@{selected|npc_resistances} **Immune: **@{selected|npc_immunities} **Cond. Immune: **@{selected|npc_condition_immunities}}}{{description=**Abilities** [**Str @{selected|strength}** *(@{selected|strength_mod})*](~selected|npc_str) | [save](~selected|npc_str_save) [**Dex @{selected|dexterity}** *(@{selected|dexterity_mod})*](~selected|npc_dec) | [save](~selected|npc_dex_save) [**Con @{selected|constitution}** *(@{selected|constitution_mod})*](~selected|npc_con) | [save](~selected|npc_con_save) [**Int @{selected|intelligence}** *(@{selected|intelligence_mod})*](~selected|npc_int) | [save](~selected|npc_int_save) [**Wis @{selected|wisdom}** *(@{selected|wisdom_mod})*](~selected|npc_wis) | [save](~selected|npc_wis_save) [**Cha @{selected|charisma}** *(@{selected|charisma_mod})*](~selected|npc_cha) | [save](~selected|npc_cha_save) }} &{noerror}
Ok I figured out how to get rid of the buttons. Now if i can get the text bigger it will be perfect!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
/w gm &{template:npcaction}{{rname=@{selected|character_name}}}{{name=@{selected|npc_type} **HP: **@{selected|bar1} / @{selected|hp|max} | ** AC: ** @{selected|npc_ac} | **Spd: ** @{selected|npc_speed} **Languages: **@{selected|npc_languages}  **Senses: **@{selected|npc_senses}  **Resists:: **@{selected|npc_resistances}  **Immune: **@{selected|npc_immunities}  **Cond. Immune: **@{selected|npc_condition_immunities}}}{{description=**Abilities** **Str @{selected|strength}** *(@{selected|strength_mod})* **Dex @{selected|dexterity}** *(@{selected|dexterity_mod})* **Con @{selected|constitution}** *(@{selected|constitution_mod})* **Int @{selected|intelligence}** *(@{selected|intelligence_mod})* **Wis @{selected|wisdom}** *(@{selected|wisdom_mod})* **Cha @{selected|charisma}** *(@{selected|charisma_mod})* }} &{noerror} I think you'll need to use stylus to make bigger text.
ok well it's really close and i can run with that! Thanks Vince for the speedy replies and all your help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try this: /w gm &{template:npcaction}{{rname=@{selected|character_name}}}{{description=*@{selected|npc_type}* **HP: **@{selected|bar1} / @{selected|hp|max} ** AC: ** @{selected|npc_ac} | **Spd: ** @{selected|npc_speed} **Languages: **@{selected|npc_languages} **Senses: **@{selected|npc_senses} **Resists:: **@{selected|npc_resistances} **Immune: **@{selected|npc_immunities} **Cond. Immune: **@{selected|npc_condition_immunities} **Abilities** **Str @{selected|strength}** *(@{selected|strength_mod})* **Dex @{selected|dexterity}** *(@{selected|dexterity_mod})* **Con @{selected|constitution}** *(@{selected|constitution_mod})* **Int @{selected|intelligence}** *(@{selected|intelligence_mod})* **Wis @{selected|wisdom}** *(@{selected|wisdom_mod})* **Cha @{selected|charisma}** *(@{selected|charisma_mod})*}} &{noerror}