Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Continued Jukebox issues over the last year +

First thing -- to level set. I play with about 20 different people. Each one of us has these problems. So it isn't me. Isn't my setup. Isn't something in my browser. This is Roll20. The issue isn't every game, but it is probably at least 60% of the time. Typically what happens is a song will be playing, then suddenly I won't hear it anymore. I will look at the track, most times it is still "moving", but I don't hear anything. Some of the players still do hear it, some do not. I have to either drag the song forward in time, restart it, or start a new song. The next song /may/ work, or it may do the same thing. Some days it is worse than others. Why can't Roll20 actually fix this? Why can't they actually fix a feature instead of moving on to the next thing (ie. New dynamic lighting and the sliders). As a GM I spent a huge portion of my time fiddling with music instead of being involved in the game. At this point I don't know what to do other than start using alternatives to the jukebox. It is pretty close to UNUSABLE.  What can be done about this? The same old "We're working on it," is absolutely unacceptable. If you implement a feature and it hasn't worked correctly in a year, you are failing.
I'm running a game literally TOMORROW, and the only audio I can use is stuff from Tabletop Audio. Which has JACK for what would fit for my game. NOTHING I uploaded over the last week is working.
Are you using Discord? Because I think we might move to using Discord Bots. Either Groovy or Rythm.

Edited 1585800202
TetNak said: Are you using Discord? Because I think we might move to using Discord Bots. Either Groovy or Rythm. Arthur C. said: I'm running a game literally TOMORROW, and the only audio I can use is stuff from Tabletop Audio. Which has JACK for what would fit for my game. NOTHING I uploaded over the last week is working. Can confirm I am having the same issues when trying to play recently uploaded music, I have a pretty large library of music and most of it works fine. Just seems to be anything recently imported... hopefully it is fixed soon. Edit: Upon reloading my page after uploading the music did work if that helps.