Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Use API to let players embiggen images with "Z" or "Shift+Z"

Can anyone tell me if the API is able to open the modal display tool on the tabletop (e.g. the "Z" or "SHIFT+Z" commands)? I'd like to use the API to enable players to macro open tabletop art and tokens to enjoy the art or take a closer look at small items.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It cannot.  The best it could do is one of: Create an a large copy of the image in chat Update a Handout with an image (if the players have that handout open, they would see the fresh picture)
Thanks Aaron. I figured. Have always wished players could deploy the modal for themselves on any tabletop object. Unfortunately, it's prolly not the kind of feature request that too many folks would get excited about.
Players can use the "z" command, but not shift+z, on any token they control.  I believe the API can be used to give a player control of a token, which would then enable z.  There are obvious drawbacks, but for inanimate objects and puzzles, giving players control may make sense.