Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 BADLY needs a way to manage content

Mike J
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Roll20: I appreciate what you guys have built here.  There is a lot of functionality and it is very impressive from a Kickstarter campaign. I am a Software Project Manager, so I can appreciate the time to deliver new material while trying to keep up with issues.  It is a growing problem the more you put out there. That being said, I think you guys could build a side project without impacting your core code (assuming this whole thing is DB driven).  It would be nice to have a tool that I could use while not launched in my campaign to easily manage content.  If I want to do mass deletion or mass reordering, it would be helpful to have a took similar to a file explorer that could be used to manage Journal and Library items.  Something that can take days to complete within the Interface could be done in a matter of minutes with something like this. With a project like this, theoretically could program it as its own coded tool and the DB connection would be the only shared part.  If you would possible have issues given the coding in the interface, you could add a little code that would kill the interface while in the moving tool. I know I have no idea what you are built on, but just figured I would provide some detail with the request to provide functionality. Thanks much, Mike
Completely agree.