Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help Making a Macro

Edited 1399779983
So i have a really difficult Macro i need help Programming. I have a Path finder character .... He is a DWing Soul Knife who has Sneak Attack. He uses Linked Striking so his to hit changes after he hits someone his Tohit increases by two and his damge dice by +2d6 The basic macro i have looks like this To hit /Roll 1d20+31 Dmg /Roll 1d4+20 /Roll 2d6 Sneak Attack /Roll 5d6 I want to neaten this up. And turn it into Text so i can distinguish between different attack.
Use inline stuff like: [Character Name Here] attacks and gets a [[1d20+31]]. (assuming a hit) It does [[1d4+2d6+20]] damage! Sneak Attack deals an additional [[5d6]] damage!
Ty for suggestions
Is there a way to add Colors?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello Michael, To add color, I think you would need to use the API (that is a mentor subscription level feature) and I'm not sure that would work but you could ask the members that write the code for API use (post your question in the API forum). Manuel is correct with simple macros he showed. For more information you can look here in the Roll20 wiki - Macro section . If you have more questions then feel free to ask as someone will do their best to help you.
You can use multiplications within the macros to add variability to your rolls, for example: /em rolls [[1d20 + 31[original mod] + ?{Second attack? yes = 1, no = 0|0}*2[second attack]]] to attack. /em does [[1d4 + 20[original mod] + ?{Second attack? yes = 1, no = 0|0}*2d6[second attack]]] damage! Plus [[?{sneak attack? yes = 1, no = 0|0}*5d6[sneak attack]]] sneak attack damage! In order to add text to distinguish between different attacks. You could add more prompts within the flavour text before the inline rolls, for example: /em strikes with his ?{which attack?|first} attack [[1d20 + 31[original mod] + ?{Second attack? yes = 1, no = 0|0}*2[second attack]]] vs AC.
I appreciate your feed back. I have just been doing it in my head its easier to change it on my fly.